Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my current hdtv is over 5years old, 720p and well, out of date spec really.

To be fair it scrubs up well on sky HD but having a ps3 (bluray player) and loads of blurays i feel im not doing it justice plus me and the missus are chipping in for a new one as we are moving into our first home next month and it will be our lounge tv.

I have sky HD, ps3, xbox360, and Wii hooked up to a 5.1 speaker/ amp system so i only need 1 hdmi in the new tv.

My budget is a grand tops and only really need 40"

After reading up for the past 48hrs and whilst im not really bothered about 3D tv, i cant help but think it would be pretty cool and on the basis 90% on the new tvs have it built in, i think we'll give it a whirl.

Are there any techy geeks on here that can shine some light on the best tvs out atm?

Im currently looking at the samsung ue40d7000 spec is

3D, 1080p, 800hz, 2d to 3d capability (reviews on this sound cool too - i.e watch any normal 2d in 3d conversion!) for circa £900

Anyone else got any suggetions/reviews?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually heading down there anyway! Weird! They sold me my home cinema system and their site says they will beat any price and their 5yr garauntee i really want, think ill just head down there at the weekend!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
its surprising how much you can get off in the shop just get clued up on your stuff and dont leave till you get what you want :) also try and play them off with other shops and there own branches

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I was watching the new lg 3d tv at the weekend and must say it was pretty good. You could use any specs, even them from the pictures. Viewing was good from all angles also. 2d was very good too.
Get the best you can for the least you can is my advise. I spent £2500 8 years ago on my first high end Panasonic then £1800 5 years ago on a newer version. Both are still fine but tech moves on so quickly in the tv world that I won't be spending that again.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
panasonic have always been one of the best when it comes to tv's but one of the most expensive, these days thou itsa all about 3D thats where im going next but the only way of knowing whats best is to troll the shops and test them all

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
We have the pioneer 50" plasma it was just under £4,000 then a 7ft remote screen and projector that comes down from the ceiling for films, best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha a16pse, tough life you live eh!

Think im gona go with the Samsung UE40D7000, does everything i need and more.... Unless richer sounds convince me otherwise!!

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
We've had our pioneer about 5 years now and it's one of the best you can buy, my sister in law has bought a 50" Samsung for about £800 and it's a load of crap so make sure you don't buy the lower end stuff mate

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Haha a16pse, tough life you live eh!

Think im gona go with the Samsung UE40D7000, does everything i need and more.... Unless richer sounds convince me otherwise!!
Check out the Samsung D8000 as well, see if you can get a good deal on that.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
from reading online the only difference between the 8000 and 7000 is just the cosmetic border! no actual performance difference and apparently the 7000 even looks nice and is nearly £200 cheaper!

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Yes I would also only go with the 7000. Looking on reviews (HDTVTEST.co.uk a good site for information) they also state the only difference is the bezel the hardware is the same.
Still undecided if to go for a 3D tv now or wait a couple of years for the glass free 3D tv's!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool sounds good!

Nope for the lounge in the corner on a proper stand.

All good for gaming etc too yer?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts