Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, following my last thread I am mulling over buying the following:

Basic spec but the car is absolutely immaculate and I have been offered a very good part ex on my one series and a great deal on the car. The dealer was very helpful and said the former owner was an enthusiast who traded in for a 265. Anyone off here I wonder?

MX59 WZK
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3351472.htm

Also I had one other question- how often do recalls turn up and what sort of price do they tend to command? As that's the only option I would miss but great deal on the table so may take it.

Are the seats/subframes on the 200 Clio the same?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The thing is are you going to be happy with a basic spec one ?it's not that cheap either considering mileage and spec,if I where you I'd sell your one series and then buy one cash and you have the buying power then

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is are you going to be happy with a basic spec one ?it's not that cheap either considering mileage and spec,if I where you I'd sell your one series and then buy one cash and you have the buying power then
Trust me when I say I am paying No where near that figure!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like I say if your happy with that spec of car then it's fine,just remember it will be harder to sell when you come to get rid aswell

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
250 Posts
Recaro's are over rated, look great but not worth crying about, the stock sports seats are fine.

In terms of resale, who buys a car worrying about what another person may want!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recaro's are over rated, look great but not worth crying about, the stock sports seats are fine.

In terms of resale, who buys a car worrying about what another person may want!
I do because I change cars quite a lot and in a flooded Market the car with all the extras is going to be more sought after

·
Registered
758 Posts
i would want the recaros , they finish off the inside , if your getting a good deal on the grey one id go for that , you ll struggle to sell any thing private at the minute , white one is a better car though

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I have the standard seats in my 250 had the car since new in may 2010. I don't one bit regret gettin the recaros.. mainly due to my car been white and them yellow seatbelts are horrid... But also the standard seats are a great shape and still keep you in your place and very comfy... If I am honest only thing I regret not gettin is the rs monitor... But then again I am sure that would soon wear off... The gray is a nice colour and less effort to keep clean... If your gettin a good deal go for it.. also least standard seats less chance of wearing when gettin in and out the car.. as that would really annoy me seeing my seats in wearing away..

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have the standard seats in my 250 had the car since new in may 2010. I don't one bit regret gettin the recaros.. mainly due to my car been white and them yellow seatbelts are horrid... But also the standard seats are a great shape and still keep you in your place and very comfy... If I am honest only thing I regret not gettin is the rs monitor... But then again I am sure that would soon wear off... The gray is a nice colour and less effort to keep clean... If your gettin a good deal go for it.. also least standard seats less chance of wearing when gettin in and out the car.. as that would really annoy me seeing my seats in wearing away..
i love the recaro s , if you lift yourself in and out of the recaro s they are fine , ive been doing this for years now as all my cars have had recaro or that type of seats
gaz-hows your rattles ? did the oil sort it ? mines been ok since

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You don't have to have the yellow seatbelts with the recaros.

Mine's a FF+Cup with Recaros and I have black seatbelts.

The sports seats are fine though! They hold you in well enough!

·
Registered
758 Posts
i think all std cup cars come with yellow seat belts , mine are black (ff+cup+leather recaro s ) i would like the yellow belts tbh

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A good Part-Ex can sweeten the deal.

Privately you wouldn't want to be paying more than £16K for these.
The deal I'm looking at would be IMO costing me a fair bit less than this based upon the value I place on my vehicle and the balance.eft to pay after part ex.

Wanted to see the white one linked above today but they weren't open so I'll hopefully get down tomorrow.

·
Registered
758 Posts
the deal on offer makes all the difference , when i got mine you could only get them from dealers mine was within £500 of what all the other uk dealers were asking but had done less miles than the others (was a show room demo ) and they offered me £1500 more than any one else on my p\x 12 months tax and free first service , deal done !

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
i think all std cup cars come with yellow seat belts , mine are black (ff+cup+leather recaro s ) i would like the yellow belts tbh
Yellow seatbelts were a £100 option when I ordered mine, flippin love them, really lifts the interior along with the yellow sections on the seats.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
The deal I'm looking at would be IMO costing me a fair bit less than this based upon the value I place on my vehicle and the balance.eft to pay after part ex.

Wanted to see the white one linked above today but they weren't open so I'll hopefully get down tomorrow.
Play them off against each other and because private punters are overpricing their used 250s, dealers are also the best option. Strange market conditions.

Unrealistic expectations and a huge amount of wake up calls in progress for punters trying to shift them privately.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Play them off against each other and because private punters are overpricing their used 250s, dealers are also the best option. Strange market conditions.

Unrealistic expectations and a huge amount of wake up calls in progress for punters trying to shift them privately.
Tbf I would broadly agree with this, private sellers few that they are, generally priced at least as high as dealers, and since the dealers are offering me what I believe my car is worth if I sold privately it's a bit of a no brainer as worst case I'm saved the potentially painful process of getting rid of mine private!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts