Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered mine without the spare so only had the puncture repair system so I've got round to fitting a space saving wheel/tyre. I've removed the polystyrene storage fittings that were taking up the space to fit the wheel and as a result there isn't the same amount if support for the boot floor. Speaking to a dealer they couldn't find anything for the 17" spare that aids this.

Any if you guys got a spare fitted that can assist? Is there a part? Any idea of the number?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
even withm me OEM spare there isnt much support in the boot floor in the center - once i put there something not light, it droops little bit

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Brano. I got mine from Renault so it'll be the same fit, just thought there might have been a fitted storage section in the middle, ta.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
The boot floor is made from something thinner than tissue paper, it couldn't support much. Don't forget, you can't put the spare on the front (unless you have full size spare)

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The boot floor is made from something thinner than tissue paper, it couldn't support much. Don't forget, you can't put the spare on the front (unless you have full size spare)
Yes mate thanks, I read somewhere about having to swap wheels so spare goes on the back.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hi.
There is a secondary carpet, come support that comes with all coupes fitted with a spare wheel that adds support. I will try and supply the part number for you.
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
964 Posts
I ordered mine without the spare so only had the puncture repair system so I've got round to fitting a space saving wheel/tyre. I've removed the polystyrene storage fittings that were taking up the space to fit the wheel and as a result there isn't the same amount if support for the boot floor. Speaking to a dealer they couldn't find anything for the 17" spare that aids this.

Any if you guys got a spare fitted that can assist? Is there a part? Any idea of the number?

Cheers.
Hi nick3814.
Where did you get the 17'' spacesaver from? Really could do with one not only in case of punctures but I'm desperate to have one of the 19'' diamond cut alloys sent away for refurb. Does anybody know if a normal 5 stud Reno spacesaver will fit the RS??

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It needs to be the 17" mate. Ordered mine from Renault to make sure I got the right one, was about £60 posted for the wheel and similar price to source a relevant tyre.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I always chirp in with this, but a normal sized 18" Cup wheel fits in the boot space, and is high enough so you don't need any support underneath the boot. Just get a Megane 2/3 spare wheel nut and job done!#

Yes it's a couple of KG heavier, but it saves the hassle of switching wheels if you get a puncture. I don't know if a spare 19" will fit, but at a guess I'd say it probably would! Take one off and find out :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
I always chirp in with this, but a normal sized 18" Cup wheel fits in the boot space, and is high enough so you don't need any support underneath the boot. Just get a Megane 2/3 spare wheel nut and job done!#

Yes it's a couple of KG heavier, but it saves the hassle of switching wheels if you get a puncture. I don't know if a spare 19" will fit, but at a guess I'd say it probably would! Take one off and find out :)
Indeed,I have a 18" cup wheel as spare wheel...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts