Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't get th epay rise or bonus that I was expecting, so can't afford the new Meg2125 with Cup Pack any longer :( :(

So instead, now considering the Clio 182 with Cup pack - seen these on Autotrader for about £9k.

Any comments on these or where do I go to investigate this car any further??

Have seen a Meg225 at £11,995 with 40k on the clock - its Orange, and is claimed to be a Trophy, but it has standard silver alloys. Was the Trophy version of the Meg225 available in Orange with just standard alloys??

CheeRS

Per

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
They didn't do a trophy in inferno, might be an import though as i think they did other colours on the continent.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
No, Trophy is only in Nimbus with anthracite alloys.

Sorry to hear you aint getting the meg Per :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
help

Cheers. I didn't think that the Orange was available on the Trophy version.

Will look and see, but my budget has been trimmed back very severly, but still want some fun. The Clio 182 Cup seems very reasonable, but I would like something a bit more family sized.

CheeRS

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
help

So what would I really be missing onthe phase 2??

There are a couple at around £11,000 which I could probably stretch to - could get a phase 1, and immediately change the exhaust :D , and get it chipped up :D, but what would standard suspension and brakes etc be like - I've read good reviews about the Cup pack versions, but not too good reports about the standard phase 1 version.

What to do???

Per

·
Registered
249 Posts
BuyMyNewCar.co.uk said:
Sorry to hear about the news mate.... Why not wait and get a 197 ???
Are you guys planning on selling the new ClioRS or is that dependent on how Renault is planning to sell it themselves?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Help..

Adrian - good point. I had looked to see whether the 197 prices were out yet - couldn't find anything.

Will you be able to get them, when would that be, and what sort of prices??

CheeRS

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
duffer987 said:
BuyMyNewCar.co.uk said:
Sorry to hear about the news mate.... Why not wait and get a 197 ???
Are you guys planning on selling the new ClioRS or is that dependent on how Renault is planning to sell it themselves?
Fingers are crossed dude - I have sold shit loads of 172 & 182's so the 197 will hopefully be the same...

:lol:

Do we no the RRP of it?

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Re: help

Per said:
So what would I really be missing onthe phase 2??

There are a couple at around £11,000 which I could probably stretch to - could get a phase 1, and immediately change the exhaust :D , and get it chipped up :D, but what would standard suspension and brakes etc be like - I've read good reviews about the Cup pack versions, but not too good reports about the standard phase 1 version.

What to do???

Per
you wont be missing out on a thing if you get a phase one 225 ( infact there better looking ) :wink: , dont worry even if its not got the cup pack on, just stick some eibach springs on and your 40% of the way there,

zorst is a £100-£300 mod £300 for the map and you have got a 270 bhp 225.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
help

What about the steering - upgraded on phase 2. Ws it upgraded on Trophy phase 1 model?

I do like the idea of a new exhaust, and chip, with springs lowering the suspension, but having gone down the "spending too much on my car" route inthe past, I don't want to be seen to be doing that again.

What about the brakes upgrade???

CheeRS

Per

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
help

There's a silver meg225 on autotrader at £11995. Has standard alloys though. Was the standard one available in silver or was it just Trophy.

Sorry for the loads of questions - just need to be sure of what is what before parting with any readies!!

If youhave a moment - check it out and let me know what you think - it does have climate control, and part leather. Could it be a Trophy? If not, what woudl I really be missing with teh steering upgrade, I mean just how often do you find that track like suspension and razor sharp steering is absolutely necessary???

CheeRS

Per

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
no your right they do make them in silver, mine is the only silver they do a 225 in apart from nimbus grey which is the trophy colour only,

as for wat your missing it depends wat you want from the car, iv owned both models and can say i prefer my cup 225 more but only cos i drive my cars hard and i just handels better, the brakes are pretty much the same.

but the point i made earlier about getting a full fat and putting the eibach springs on that will give you almost a cup pack feel to the car,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
help

I want decent performance and handling - not just goot straight line stuff, I need to know that the car will corner well.

Might see if a Trophy comes along at a reasonable price, but then it would not be far off a new phase 2 cup pack (not full fat).

Not an easy choice!!!

Per

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Don't rule out the full fat Per, I know the cup pack is better but as Andy said a set of springs will sort that. Also imo the full fat is still a very chuckable car, the day to day driving is V.comfy but I can still throw it around the 'b' roads when the mood takes me.

Not the easiest of decisions when on a budget, but don't let it put you off an already v.good motor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
help

The chap on here known as Stanford is selling his Trophy and is now asking £12k. Might be able to squeeze that in if he responds to my PM!!!!

CheeRS

Per

1 - 20 of 21 Posts