Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had this before but it seemed to die off and has been fine for a few months, been driving the car this weekend and it is hesitating when i accelerate but only like 50/60% of the time,

I.e i plant my foot, instead of being smooth all the way to 6k it goes, hesitates, goes, hesitates.

It went to renault before and they said it was fine.

What could it be, injectors shot? Coils?

I have a week left on my warranty! Help!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the exact feeling but its not traction 100% sure. Its almost like its a missfire...

Ideas people?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lemon, i 'used' to have (touch wood) a problem starting the car where the car would just turn over for 3-4secs before firing (coincedentally the same time i had the hesitation last time) i always put it down to the fuel pump but renault said they agreed it had a fault but couldnt solve it so i left it and recently its been fine... I wonder if the two are related.

Is the fuel pump an easy job?

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Hesistation through the range is usually knock correction (if it isn't traction cutting the power). Which will point to a fuelling issue, ala pump or injectors as paul says.

Pump and injectors are both easy jobs, but you need the right tool for the pump. It would benefit from both the injectors and the pump if the pump is faulty. Does it misfire on idle? Spitting from the exhaust?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just went outside, its not bad but physically lets a 'pop' out every 20secs or so, injectors shot?

If so, how do i prove it to renault?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts