Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys I've had an issue for a couple if months now where I am getting a slight hesitation/misfire, this normally happens between 2-3k revs and never happens above 4k, it is always worse when the engine is cold as it will miss in every gear up to 3k.
if you go through the gears properly to 6-7k and then change you don't get the problem you only get it when you put your foot down in a higher gear at lower revs.
I have changed the plugs and coils now both with genuine Renault spares as I was convinced it was an related problem.
the car has never registered any fault codes with this problem either, anyone able to offer any pearls of wisdom please :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I had this exactly the same, new plugs no change, already got biger injectors, Orderd new coils and befour they were fited the problem just went away after a couple of mounth, i had some big missfires and loud pops too, the only possible remady i can imagein solved it was 2 tanks of redex system and injector cleaner

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
so many meg's are doing this now, including mine, read a new post on here everyday. looks like the most common cause is injectors but mine are fine, im convinced it's a weak fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Or dirty/blockd filter? Im blameing dirt in fuel from the station, or jst dirty filter as its magically gone now and i used was system cleaner n new fresh fuel.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Injector(s)?
Any popping from the exhaust on idle? That's a sure sign
naturally that was my next line of thought but I was put off this thought by it only happening under the above circumstances. and no there is no popping from the exhaust. you only notice the hesitation if you really try to make it do it.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or dirty/blockd filter? Im blameing dirt in fuel from the station, or jst dirty filter as its magically gone now and i used was system cleaner n new fresh fuel.
funnily enough mate I've just done that full tank of vpower and fuel system cleaner. I have been using both vpower and momentum but I notice it using both.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
might be a pump mine did this and ive changed my pump its loads better now i had done plugs and injectors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts