Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

So my names James and I've come across from twingo133.net im a proud owner of a RS Twingo 133 Gordini, many of you may have seen this back in WSR as it was one of the display cars for Barnardos charity stand!

I've always been a fan if the R26 and now the latest Meganne but I've not had the funds to buy one, saying that I'm now looking at going for a diesel for the long commutes to visit my nan so maybe it's time too look at a second car, an maybe a 175 r26

Anyway enough random chit chat, we all like our cars so here's my little one:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No need to be faster, I did a 500 mile round trip of motorways and well I only got 32mpg sticking to a constant 80mph up and down, put it through the pennines and she was up in 45s mpg so need something as a cruiser that looks the dogs ;)

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Your twingo looks great btw. I would like one. 32mpg at 80 is really good, I would only see 37-40mpg in my 175. I get about 50mpg sitting at 60mph, 40mpg at 70mph. You might be just as well off with the Twingo. I'm not trying to put you off, but a small, light car like yours is not going to be bad economy wise, especially when you consider the extra cost of diesel.
I'm the biggest 175 fan, I'm just being honest.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Love the little twingo's, my wife's friend has a red one with the stickers up the side, i'd stick with the twingo mate as r26's demand money every now and again, dont know about the 175 im sure snapper can tell you about running/serviceing/ costs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts