Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My name is Ash (if you didn't guess already ;) ).

I'm 24, work in IT and live in (boring) Wiltshire!

At present I'm driving a Honda Civic Type R 30th Anniversary which has cost me a small fortune!

^^ That snap was before it was lowered so that mahooosive gap between the tyre - arch is reduced some what :)

I've roughly spent just over £4k on the car (including £1100 on the respray)...

Tuning an N/A isn't cheap - with a large selection of mods and a remap the car made 240.6bhp and 172lbs/ft!!!!

Don't get me wrong it's a great fun car, it handles well, fairly fast, practical and has NEVER gone wrong!

Pics and vids below...

[video=youtube;j0Pt90S4Yyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Pt90S4Yyc[/video]
[video=youtube;kqUN82czOw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqUN82czOw4[/video]

But the time has come for me to move on and later this year the Civic will be up for sale!

I've wanted boost for a while now and also the idea of something which is also modern and has similar Recaro's to mine and LSD = win :)

I am looking @ picking up an R26 (the one with Recaro's)? and will have up to 7k to spend...

Thanks for looking

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
welcome along mate. you should be able to pick up a decent enough r26 for around that money (will be top of budget though). have a look round here as there is quite a bit to do mods wise to see around 280bhp relatively easily.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Aww i miss my type r listening to that, but can't beat a bit of boost, it will be good transition mate, looking at your vid is the 1st time ive thought of my ep3 since getting rid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps, my mrs should be driving by next month so figured that we can use her cheaper car to do the shopping etc so I can get something that should cost roughly the same as the ep3 but slightly different....

Here's my first real noobie question... I want the megane with the recaro seats - am I right in thinking that's just the R26?

Something like this is what I've been looking at.... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3356781.htm

My plan would be just a stage 1 initially... then move onto full exhaust system, intake, intercooler etc etc...

This would be the first turbo car I would have ever owned... I drove my mates Audi TT 1.8T Quattro and even though it weighs 1500kgs the torque/power was epic! (not used to much torque with the Civic lol).

My biggest question/worry is reliability... I've owned the Civic almost 3 years and it's never gone wrong! Are there any common problems/faults I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Remember the r26 was built for track days so their quite good and reliable I've had mine 15 months and 1 headlight bulb has gone in that time mate And mine is mainly used on track I'll get you some pics up mate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, isn't that an R26R though? Sorry I'm not very clued up on all of the different versions of the RS Megane :(

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
No mate it's an R26 with a few mods , carbon bonnet, front mount , stage 1 , R26r wheels, air filter and air box mod a few choice mods and they make a fantastic road and track tool, they will beat a lot more expensive machinery on track but it's just the way they drive mate

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Thanks for the replies chaps, my mrs should be driving by next month so figured that we can use her cheaper car to do the shopping etc so I can get something that should cost roughly the same as the ep3 but slightly different....

Here's my first real noobie question... I want the megane with the recaro seats - am I right in thinking that's just the R26?

Something like this is what I've been looking at.... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3356781.htm

My plan would be just a stage 1 initially... then move onto full exhaust system, intake, intercooler etc etc...

This would be the first turbo car I would have ever owned... I drove my mates Audi TT 1.8T Quattro and even though it weighs 1500kgs the torque/power was epic! (not used to much torque with the Civic lol).

My biggest question/worry is reliability... I've owned the Civic almost 3 years and it's never gone wrong! Are there any common problems/faults I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance!
in answer to your question the recaros were standard in the r26 but an option on some of the other models like the trophy. have a look on the home page for the forum I think there is a spreadsheet with all the specs and option that were available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts