Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm now the proud owner of a lovely 175 dci lux cup 5 door in black :) The move from the wonderful integrale evo 2 has finally come to reality due to another equally wonderful thing... A beautiful baby girl! She has promted the change to a more practical/frugal performance hatch...
I'm enjoying it a lot...handling and body control sublime, But.. I feel a remap might be in order soon to reduce the power gap. If I can at least match the torque of the Grale I'll be happy!
So the question really is... KTR or RS Tuning...???

Mark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Cheers. I'm also more in favour of RS... But I'm a little concerned if the std clutch can take 300 lbs ft...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True true. I suppose the map that he does is suitable for an otherwise standard car cus as far as I know there's not a lot available clutch wise for the dci is there?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome. Great choice loving my 175 and another southerner, hopefully there will be a meet soon so we can all meet up.

Any pics :) ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
welcome mark

im mark aswell also new and new owner of a black DCi sport but sorry im a Northerner, we rule lol

ive been pointed in the RS tuning direction and its on the to do list but im now a home owner so i also have to buy boring stuff like sofa bed and designer arm chirs YAWN

ive not joined fully but i will say the forum seems friendly and extremely helpful

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Welcome mate, bin the dpf and get it mapped. You can't go wrong with either. I have almost 400 lb-ft and has been mapped for 2 years and about 40k miles with no problems. The gear box is rated to 350 lb-ft, I got that from the renault website.
I've driven an r26 and my 175 felt faster.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, thanks. Yeah looking forward to getting up at the crack on a crisp and sunny morning for a blast to a meet!
How do I post pics? Can I post pics as a bronzy?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Where do folks get 400 lb/ft from with just a map? I'd think that's pretty impossible....... do they mean Nm of torque rather than lb/ft?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Mark, it's nice to know there are some 175's on here too! What's the spec on yours? I assume its poss a 5 door...??
Let me know when you've decided on getting it mapped- I'd be interested to hear how u get on...
One thing I would like to know is whether the limiter gets taken off 1st gear when RST remap?
Has anyone had this done or will it want to rip 1st to shreds??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome! where in London are you? These 175's are great! just watch the back end of these. its caught me out twice though, its controllable though! I went for the KTR map, highly impressed

1 - 20 of 47 Posts