Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
higuys new to website so figured i pick your brains!. was gona get a 225 but new job sees me travelling 600 plus miles a week so i hve been looking at the 175s. seen i blue one advertised basically everywhere lol. its a 2008 standard 3 door with 130k with service history. was just wondering if theres any issues i should look out for on a engine of that performance and milage?
id been looking to do some simple tuning, ie remap, exhaust, intercooler... would this be a problem on the milage?
any info would be great, thanks for your time
Billy

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I dont think you have to worry about the mileage. I've never heard of any major problems with these cars. The only things to look for are the same as the 225/R26 as the engine is bullet proof. I've done 70k miles in mine and the only mechanical thing to go wrong was the radiator which was replaced under warranty.
You should get the DPF delete pipe from ktec and get it remapped. I have just had this done to mine and it has transformed the car.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Make sure its defo had the Waterpump and all the belts changed, i know you mentioned service history but it may not have had that done, plus at 130K its close to them needing to be done again which would be at 144K

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Do these Not run on timing chain?
Petrol doesnt, not sure about the diesel. Think you could be right tho, if thats the case your lucky and will be saving ££££'s, although the waterpump should be done again around the 142k mark just to be safe, the petrol boys most always change the waterpump at 72k so sense would say do the same again at 142k

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
i wouldnt touch it, the bottom ends are weak i havent seen any rs meganes go but koloes uses the same engine and ive known 4 of them to go.
timing chain is the only good thing but they dont last for life. engine out job to be done i expect

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
i wouldnt touch it, the bottom ends are weak i havent seen any rs meganes go but koloes uses the same engine and ive known 4 of them to go.
timing chain is the only good thing but they dont last for life. engine out job to be done i expect
I am worried, what happens when the bottom end goes?. How many miles had they done?. 130k miles is nothing for a diesel engine, surely renault wouldn't have designed an engine that would fail at that milage?.
Have you heard of the turbo going in these engines?.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts