Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you tell that your car has the newer engine? can you tell by the model year? or maybe engine number plate?
I want to remap my car but dont want to deal with the same stuff andybasset did :)

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
You never know though, Renault might be able to tell you!?!?!?!

Although I wouldnt bet on it hahaha :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
hello guys, hang on a minute, the remap on my 225 did not blow my car car, well the not at first,
if you have ot a E4 engine or think you have its ok to try and remap it, if it is a E4 engine the remap will just not work, wat sent mine into melt down was trying the remap data from another 225, thats wat sodded mine up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my car is a 2005 model and from what i can tell it left the factory around the end of 2004 or maybe january 2005 or something. were there euro 4 engines back then? does anybody know when they started putting them in?

G

·
As far as I'm aware m8, euro 4 didnt come out till bout Sept ish 2005. Mines June 2005 and been told by renault stealer its not Euro 4, reckon I'll still check before me remap next month. Cheers Phill

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys! i'm releived.
by the way, is there any noticable difference between the e3 and e4 engines (performance, economy etc)?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts