Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

just bought a megane F1 at the weekend from arnold clark. It hasn't come with a manual. Can someone give me a link to instructions to use the cruise control?? I cant seem to get it to work and want to try it out while the warrenty is still fresh so i can put it back into the garage if need be. Its going in anyway for a rattle in the exhaust when the engine is idoling if anyone else has had this problem? beautiful sounding car thats just now being ruined by this rattle when i start up or sit at lights etc.

any help appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Flick the switch on the right hand hand panel you will get a green speedo icon on the dash and then use your steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Flick it the other way and you will get your speed limiter...

on the cruise it wont work below 28mph (I think)

·
Registered
838 Posts
It also won't activate if you have a habit of sitting with your foot on the clutch (no depressed just resting on it) as its enough to open the switch

·
Registered
143 Posts
Once you've flicked the right hand switch to get the green speedo on the dash, use the up/down buttons facing you on the left side of the steering wheel. Press once to set and maintain current speed, and use up/down to increase/decrease speed. Pressing any pedals will auto disengage it, meaning you have to repeat pressing the buttons to re-engage.

Can't comment on the speed limiter, think I used it once for novelty value, and never again found the need.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
ditto... haha... If you use the accelerator, the speed will increase but will not disengage the cruise control... if you allow it to decelerate again the speed will drop to the last set speed you had on cruise.

Kojak.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh yes, thanks kojak, I stand corrected on that one, also to point out cruise control is useful for helping maximise mpg, I must have a heavy right foot :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts