Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Thought id introduce myself as im browsing looking to buy a new place so it means I need to sell my Supercharged DC5. Thinking of getting a mildy tuned trophy or early R26 and tought this might be the best place to look them up.

My name's Chris and im from the Gtr Manchester area, Driven quite a few renaults extensively in the past, namely 21 turbo Quadra, 19 16valve, clio 182 cup, but never owned one for a long period except some basic spec ones.

Looked at some of the megane's rivals but im always drawn back to the fun factor the renault brings.

Heres the Teg (Its been lowered since the pics on Mugen Sport Suspension):

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Welcome along sir.

Some tidy jap scrap above.

As to the 21 turbo Quadra. I would give my front teath for a 'mint' one.

Health to drive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome along sir.

Some tidy jap scrap above.

As to the 21 turbo Quadra. I would give my front teath for a 'mint' one.

Health to drive.
Was amazing, I had a J plate, one of the last ones so it was a phase 2, 40/60 split diff, full leather, everything electric, great steering feedback and gearbox, immaculate condition. At 17 and being my first car, i loved rocking up to college in it. Had a few overheating issues from time to time but it didnt take the shine off it. I have cherished memories of it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why do you need to get rid of the integra?
surely running costs of a megane are pretty much the same?
Running Costs arent too much of an issue, I dont really need to get rid of it either, I love it, I just want to free up some cash I have in the car. The Megane kind of ticks all the boxes as a replacement and sits in the right price bracket.

Integra is running 300+bhp with the Rotrex.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Chris,

Meet you before on one of the mar vtec meets!

I done the same mate went from a dc5 to meg r26.

Never looked back to be honest,the meg is a very worthy replacement and feels like a modern dc5.

There a few little issues with them injectors being one but they arnt mega money to replace.

I'd say the meg handles better then the Teg in all honestly and have had a few type r variant hondas. They really do handle very very well.

Damo

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Chris,

Meet you before on one of the mar vtec meets!

I done the same mate went from a dc5 to meg r26.

Never looked back to be honest,the meg is a very worthy replacement and feels like a modern dc5.

There a few little issues with them injectors being one but they arnt mega money to replace.

I'd say the meg handles better then the Teg in all honestly and have had a few type r variant hondas. They really do handle very very well.

Damo
Hi Damo, Yeah I remember the name!
Sounds good. Just waiting to give the car a full service and detail before I sell it. Looking forward to trying something new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get Carl to give it a once over mate lol
Haha, im one step ahead, Already given him the heads up.
MCR-VTEC meet on sunday so i'll be seeing him them too, if your not far you should pop along and get to see what the Meganes like :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Can't do sunday pal working(boo) lol

You want be disappointed with a Megane though.

Look for an R26 theres some cracking examples knocking about for not a lot of cash.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool, looking forward to trying one out.
Still unsure at which point they turned to an R26?
Are all facelifts an R26?
I generally spot both the 225 f1, 230 f1 and trophy's . I'd preferably like one with an LSD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts