Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An update to my megane*

Not that long ago I was thinking of selling my inferno megane for another l200 until......it hit me!! To make me fall back in love with my megane I shall take a challenge and give her a make over.*

So the plans was*
New wheels/standard 225 wheels sprayed.*
New tyres
Spray job To certain parts
And couple of mods.

So to start off the process I did a few searches on this site to see what the top mod was...and rumour had it, it was this shirt shift linkage....so I got in touch with Andrewjeffs and ask nicely for him to supply me a linkage. It arrives a few days later and me and my skills :-/ wasn't up to the job so I asked a16pse (Steve) if could fit the part. Whilst the linkage was out Steve kindly did me the air box mod to which is another good mod, but heard mixed reviews one being heat soak, but it made my meg feel loads different combined with the short shift, I got the deep grunt and the quick shift in one swoop.*

Next Mod*
Next mod was to have new tyres fitted to my *new sparkled gloss black alloys, I know everyone is buying snow tyres but I can't afford to buy them,so I bought 2 Avon zv5 which are ****e.....and a couple of days ago brought hankook evo v12's, put hankooks on front Avon on back and seem to stick to road well.* Picture after i spent ages getting them to shine

Another mod was k&n panel filter with forge air intake and dv.*

Pictures before

Right the fun begins*

The spray job BIG THANKS TO LEE COLEY for his handy spray skills*
1st- of all the diamond badges on the wheels sprayed inferno orange, which IMO look great.*

2nd- the mirror caps sprayed gloss black with a inferno in laqeur to give a orange sparkle affect and the same with the Renault sport badge on the boot.*

3rd- side strips was a dull orange so had them sprayed to gloss orange which suite the car loads better.*

I've also had the bullets done and are still in process , the bullet which was silver before will be inferno orange with gloss black lettering.*

Now after having most of the parts put back on with a few minor implications with a microwave and forgetting about the tape inside led us to put the letters back on for the Renault sport badge last, *to which not all badges are in the same place (well in our case anyway) *

This all done gives the car a much meaner look to the (once was an innocent inferno orange)

Having the parts put back on Thursday night and not being able to see them for the full affect, I will take the challenge of cleaning the girl after 2 week of rain,sleet and*
Any comments welcome also any criticism if dislikes.*

Pictures off new

Hope you all like as much as me.*

Next
Seat cupra r splitter
Phase 2 lights. Possibly??

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've still got the silver wheels mate their just major kerbed from previous owner.
Cheers for the input tho bud.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I washed it today and soon as I pulled up after taking photos they was covered in mud which looks like they have been kerbed. I keep having ideas like gloss white ir maybe a really nice silver colour.
But for £150 it was cheaper than having silver refurbed.

Cheers for feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come on guys!!!! Only joking feed back does count, any one think cup alloys would suit?? Or just refurb?

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bud I have the same car but on 05 plate I have now changed my mind and NOT going to get the wheels black sorry not for me
Do you have the standard silver alloys on the car??

I've got two sets these on and my old ones but can any one recommend me on how what to have done (refurbished wise) ??

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
gloss black powered coated, i say each to there own mate as long as you like it, people in work laugh at me cos i have blue leds in the interior lights.
only thing i can think the back looks odd with sliver diamond and black renault sport

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any one think gloss white/ black diamonds??

The front and back diamond will be getting done, just finding the time.

·
Registered
477 Posts
is it true the carbon are stick on? i refuse to pay the extorionate (spelling??) money for them if i have to stick them on and they dont have clips.

Unsure on white on them wheels. Getting some cup or R26 wheels might look decent in white

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Il prob just get the ones on gloss black without the sparkle thing.

My bullets shouldn't be long before their on which will look a little tidier.

Not sure about the carbon pal but if thy are glued on I wouldnt bother myself.

·
Registered
418 Posts
From one inferno owner to another, I think the black is a little to much. You would be better of going with Anthracite, thats just my opinion though, and maybe only saying that because mine are!

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like that. Been wanting to see a pic of inferno with Anthracite.

Looks like these are winer wheels then get some of them.

Should look ok with them type of wheel on with the rest of the car, think it is to much black.

Cheers mate appreciate it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I like that. Been wanting to see a pic of inferno with Anthracite.

Looks like these are winer wheels then get some of them.

Should look ok with them type of wheel on with the rest of the car, think it is to much black.

Cheers mate appreciate it.
No probs dude! Will be interested to see what your motor looks like when your 100% happy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts