Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, turns out the car is registered fine with the DVLA its the fact that my insurers (marks&spencers) don't have any details of a Megane 225.

Tried phoning Admiral as well and they said the same. Contacted the Renault dealer who laughed and informed us that they had sold 4 225s this week.

Called Renaults own insurers who said that they hadn't even got details of the 225!!!! What a fecking joke.

Please can you help...I need the names and if possible numbers of your insurers so I can get a quote.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Site Admin
20,189 Posts
I went through confused.com and found my megane on their fine. Confused got me a cheap quote with Admiral, again, they have my car down as a renault sport. Not a 225, which is where you might be going wrong.

The car is a Renault Megane renaultsport, Engine size 1998. I didn't mention 225 as it means nothing to them. I did the same with other insurance companies.

Phone number for Admiral is 0800 600800

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right looks like I've managed it with Elephant.co.ukl

The quote went up slightly to £830 but considering it was £750 on what M&S thought was a 160bhp Dynamique thats not so bad, thats with a £300 excess.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Adrian Flux for me, if you call you'll be on hold for 3 days minimum though :(

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Churchill!

21, 4 years no claims and is £1100 for me and my 21 yr old girlfriend

G

·
When I got mine last year the cheapest I could get it was £2300 - thats in Northern Ireland, I was 24 and 1 yrs no claim. I though I was doing well to get it down to £1250 this year by being over 25 and sticking the girlfriend on it.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
I know i'm like a fart in a trance, don't know if i should go for the new shape or not..

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I waited 3 months for mine so if you order now you'll get a new shape one in a fair while!!

Or you could just go buy one NOW haha. You can get a real bargain if you get one Renault already have registered!! :D

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just do it mate!!

Trust me the one i have just got is a stunning car and a new one is gonna take ages haha.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Alex_172 said:
Tried phoning Admiral as well and they said the same.

Hmmmm Im insured with admiral.......No issues there at all.

Im 25, Living in North London. Got 4 years NCB / 0 points / 0 claims and paying just under £670 for the 10 month NCB booster insurance.

Did put my mother down as a 2nd name driver for the sake of it to get the premium down :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts