Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anybody one here with admiral

just got a quote online for £996.06 for a 10 month policy it said if you wish to pay monthly ring them so i did i went through the quote again but if i want to pay monthly its £193.08 deposit followed by 9 payments of £193 summit which works out at £1930 surely they cant charge you a £1000 for paying it monthly has anyone else had this with them

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am but paid it in full for the ten months, last time i paid monthly it cost about £200 extra but never seen it that high, its ridiculous! Surely they've got something wrong or not used your quote correctly on their system

·
Registered
931 Posts
Your best bet mate and this is how I do it. Get a interest free credit card and pay it off in 1 then set up a direct debit to pay ur card off monthly :) there are loads of credit cards offering 12, 15, 18 months interest free.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dunno what they done but my brother is lending me the money to pay it in full lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
You pay interest to the tune of 30% on monthly payments with most insurance companies now. They prey on the poor basically.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Yeah under a grand seems good 2 grand not so good.
Its allways cheaper if u pay in full just dont get 1 of those payday/car loans that charge 1799%rates to do it lol.
Maybe because of your age the price varied more maybe they would rather have the money up front ;/

·
Registered
472 Posts
rip off insurance, im selling my megane to get a pajero, ok not the best of 4x4s but the insurance is dearer than the megane ?????????????

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Im with admeral, im bearly 2 years older than you.

And my insurance (at 23) was £426 for the year with them... I would get a requote, that sounds a bit much.

My post code isn't particulary good either.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Been with Admiral for the last 2 years, very competitive. £260 for the 250 garaged and around the same for the 225 on the drive.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
That does seem quite high, I just recently got a insurance quote for £1050 with 2 named drivers (My mother and Grandmother) and it being listed as staying on the road. Im 21 and have held a licence for just over 1 year, 1 year ncb

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
As mentioned above, admiral charge a fortune if you pay monthly, it is close to a 30% premium over paying in one go. I'm insured with them (and was the previous year too) currently a shade over £800, 23, 4 years NCB, IAM, mods declared, business use and parents on, car kept off road in a good postcode.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Owch, all sound pretty expensive to me. I guess I benefit from having 2 cars on Admirals multi car policy, paying £78 a month with and thats for both cars, both dully comp

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
my worry is this year, im skint but will have money in jan, im 28, will have 2 years NCB, no accidents, endorsements or claims ever, modified meg in good code garaged, last year was £1000 after heavy bartering, with this years hikes i dread to think...

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Do the mods bump yours up so much Naith? I've just ran a quote for mine which is due in January. I was paying £1800 last year and was quoted about £830 with a total excess of a grand.

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
thats a massive excess mate!? Might bump mine up next year, thing is with my mods i'm with flux they just quote it as a modded car afaik, the only one they are heavy with is the power output, which is hard to moniter anyway. i'll have to see what flux can do seen as i'm with their vip, failing that i'll see who looks after modded cars and approach them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts