Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the specs on these things
had a play with one at xmas, must have been an early to mid 90's car

I was behind one and egged him on a bit, and he booted it but couldn't shake me but i did backe off as i didnt want to go to silly speeds

was fun though!

G

·
The old ones arent as fast as the DC5, Old ones are 1.8Vtec 190PS , 178NM, 0-60 in 6.2. Think new ones are similar but 220PS standard

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Theres an Accord Type-R that knocks around my area, had a few run ins and to be honest it seems surprisingly quick.

Wouldnt bother racing the Teg Type-R round the twisties though, unless you feel like getting your ass seriously kicked.

G

·
i seen a teg type r in my local shell garage tonight, black new shape white wheels , recaro seats ,import but absolutely stunning machine

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
asmith225 said:
Theres an Accord Type-R that knocks around my area, had a few run ins and to be honest it seems surprisingly quick.

Wouldnt bother racing the Teg Type-R round the twisties though, unless you feel like getting your ass seriously kicked.
I'd be too scared of driving over the top of it they are tiny!
like dinky toys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
a friend has got one they are quick but are prone for electrical faults everything is computerised on them more than the 225 8)

G

·
Mate of mine got a Teg and it's rapid, I haven't raced him for age's though but when i did there wasn't much in it at all and as for roundabout's the Meg's got no chance :cry:

There a video kicking around on one of the other site of the Teg V Clio V6 upto stupid speeds i'll try and find it :wink:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
definately not alot in it, there was no chance of over taking (not that i would)
but i made a few mistakes and i feel head to head on a strip i would have had him, the meg took it in its stride
but i don't know the condition of his car etc, but like you say add a bend and i would be behind
phil

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
DC2's aint impressive in a straight line tbh iv driven one and compaired it to my megane

they have amazing handling, maybe even better than the megane, but they lack torque so they aint as quick as a megane in a straight line.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My mate had a dc2 jdm 98 spec - the difference between a 96 spec and a 98 spec is very little nothing dramatic. A uk teg is different again honda enthusiasts will describe it as 'soft'. When I had my 182 the dc2 would pull away from me but nothing major, cornering wise they are very good but again depends on the confidence of the driver the dc2 can be quite numb until you push it to its limits. I d say an r26 is faster than a dc2 but wont be much in it, maybe a cars length.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
My mate raced my other mates teg in his 172 at crail drag strip a few times and he beat him every time!.

I thought they were about the same power as a civic type r.

·
Registered
806 Posts
They're a bit less power than an EP3 CTR but weigh a bit less too. They should show a 172 a clean pair of heels if both standard, although there won't be a huge amount in it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I was in a Honda club and the power of the dc2s do vary, a few lads with uk dc2s where very slow when compared to my ep3, however, the jdm versions seemed to be as fast or faster than my ep3. The main thing to remember with dc2s are that they are quite old so power will depend upon maintenance and another point is that because they are jap the performance parts available are massive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've owned a 98 Uk spec teg and currently own an R26. IMO the Teg corners flatter than the Meg and feels more stable under heavy braking. It's not all about pure speed in the teg, it's still the most exciting car I have ever driven. Especially de-catted and with a Blue Flame exhaust. 189BHP std, with LSD. If you read articles on how much attention to detail Honda put it to the teg it amazing. The DC5 is a bit more sedate as far as being a pure drivers car.
Teg has to be driven hard to get the most out of it but once you get past 6000rom it's fannytastic. Lacks grip on take off though because of 15" alloys..JDM version came with 16".
When I got the R26 I was a bit gutted tbh and lusted after my teg but after owning it for 3 years the r26 is a better all rounder. I reckon the Meg would do one in the twisties with the right driver....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh, and the tegs are perfectly weighted 50/50 front and rear. The underside has ballast bars as well as in the boot. Aaarh you've me thinking of that VTEC roar now :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts