Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Im new on here, I have an Oyster Grey Megane 250 - I purchased the led interior light kit on here and when fitting the reading light bulb it seems to have blown a fuse so I now only have the light in the drivers door working. Does anyone know which fuse it is? I have checked loads of the fuses but worried about pulling them out randomly after I did initially and got loads of warning lights showing! In addition to my interior lights not working I also have an auto light warning message showing on the computer.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone any idea? Im struggling as the book says take it to a dealer for the fusebox under the bonnet and when I ring the dealer they won't tell me which fuse it is :/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi - yes, however even if I take all of the bulbs out, the passenger door light doesn't work, the drivers one does. I also have no mirror lights working (in the roof) also I have an auto light not working message on the computer :( annoying as all I did was try the LEDs! Wish I hadn't bothered!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done this :)

have a look at the attached photo, what happens is that the LED lights have metal heatsinks around the base of the globe, where as the standard halogen globes are glass

if you notice the mechanism that holds the globe in the interior lights are all metal and make contact with the heatsink and thus causes a short, the solution I used was to simply pull the LED globes just a little out so the metal prongs don't come in contact with the LED

The fuse is circled in the picture (fyi this is a right hand drive RS250)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done this :)

have a look at the attached photo, what happens is that the LED lights have metal heatsinks around the base of the globe, where as the standard halogen globes are glass

if you notice the mechanism that holds the globe in the interior lights are all metal and make contact with the heatsink and thus causes a short, the solution I used was to simply pull the LED globes just a little out so the metal prongs don't come in contact with the LED

The fuse is circled in the picture (fyi this is a right hand drive RS250)
was this the fuse box in the glove box or the engine bay?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts