Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I'm lucky to get 6k out of my tyres... before lowering!! Not going to think about where they are now... I think I'm down to 6mm from new in the summer (PS3)!!

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
I dont understand this constant need to lower a car? Whats the thought process? In my opinion it just looks chav. Maybe Im old.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I dont understand this constant need to lower a car? Whats the thought process? In my opinion it just looks chav. Maybe Im old.
I'm the same, i think renaultsport has a good stance out the box. But then again the cc does sit high and leans into corners a bit heavy so maybe there's a good setup for them without over camber.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My friend goes through tyres very quick, you need a hard compound tyre, mitchelin are quite soft ive found, if your not going fast anywere theyres a brand which is a very good compound called zeetex, they were on my r26 when i bought it cheap but theyve been on 8 mths and still look new.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
It's a happy medium... cost(not too expensive / not too cheap) - compound/tread(good in most conditions) - durabilty(going to last more than the summer!!)...

Originally had PS2 on when I first got the car... and these were replaced with the same when required a year later (160 quid each)... loved and trusted them...

Had Pirelli P-Zero Nero last year... cheaper than PS2, but didn't get a whole year out of the fronts... (I live in a part of the country where it's B-road heaven!! Never over the limit, just making the tyres work in the corners!!)... but these were absolute a$$ in anything other than really dry!!

Have PS3 on all corners... as the P-Zero's were basically illegal at the start of summer (10mths of life!!)... (did wonder why the back end liked to step out more than usual ;) )
Not cheap, but they are good in most weather conditions that this country likes to throw at us... Brilliant in the dry (as expected) and very confident in really wet conditions... But they are going to struggle to get to the summer...

Then it will be back to reading reviews and reports before buying the same ;)

-------------------------------------------

As for lowering... The Standard 225 handles a lot better with Eibachs (and, yes, it does look better... Same height as the Cup pack?)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts