Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just been up to carpark to show a couple of my mates my car at work and spotted damage to all four tyres on the rim protectors. Two are cut and two have a section missing.

All damage is approx 20mm with no damage to any wheel.

When I collected the car I checked all of the tyres and can't figure out how I missed these as I'm quite a-nal about things like that. Today is the first time since buying it that I have looked at it in daylight.

So now got that sickening feeling when something is not right on your car and will have to fork out for four new tyres very shortly, although being rim protectors they have done their job without compromising the tyre so no real rush to swap them yet.

Just :censored: gutted.

Been looking at Vredy Sessano's which seem to get a great review everywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Check out the latest Evo test mate - vreds didn't do very well, I'm tempted by a set of federal Rsr road legal track tyres just for the summer - really cheap and from what I'm reading are really good, I won't be going on track but will be fun seeing how they perform on the road

·
Registered
758 Posts
its not good looking at a car in the dark buts its not the end of the world , any rims with less than 40 profile tyres are normally hammered so if your rims are ok all good

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was daylight when I bought it but working shifts since, and can honestly say i never noticed so no come back on dealer as I should have said there and then...

I'll just run them and keep an eye on them. Maybe get at least one track session out of them :D or two

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No where near showing cord, as you say only cosmetic. Now that I've calmed down about it and given them a good look over again. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts