Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys need some quick advice on what to do!!!

just been rudely awaken by the sound of my alarm going off to be then greeted by the sight of a lovely shattered passenger side window!!!

i need to know whats the best suggestion for getting a new one put in ASAP as its good friday now and my car is as good as naked!!

By the looks of it, it is basically a shattered window, no bodywork damage which i guess is lucky but the twats have done it totally random as i have the factory fitted stereo so no fancy ones on display although silly old me left the sat-nav in the glove compartment doh!!

any help is greatly appreciated!

carl

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Call your insurance mate, generally excess for glass is around £50 and it does not affect you NCB. In fact you dont even have to call your insurance just call autoglass, RAC windscreens, etc and they'll sort the insurance out for you if I remember rightly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its so ironic as i had rac windscreens out earlier in the day to sort out a chip in the windscreen that they ended up replacing!

anyway ive rang rac again and theyve checked with my insurance and im covered for another claim (didnt realise it was unlimitied) so there coming out again today!

thanks for the advicde though!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry to here about the window mate, hope everything gets sorted.
I have read that the crims are now looking for Sat Nav holders or prints on the winscreen of the tell tale sign of the plunger that stick on sat nav holders leave behind when removed. If they see any signs your window gets smashed.

Good Luck

Uncle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys my megane looks great now with plastic perspex fitted instead of a window!!

rac messed up and didnt have the window in stock so its gonna be wednesday now before i get the real thing in!

my own fault really, i left the sucker on the windscreen and forgot to take the sat nav outta my glove box, anybody got a spare a-z map lol.

on the plus side though got my private plate fitted today :D
to any of the leeds/yorkshire guys im now "SB 0739" so give us a beep if you see me!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should greet the prick with a crow bar next time, any little prick tries to break into my car they won't need sat nav to get directions, I'll knock them into orbit with me 19stone fist!!!!!!

Sorry to hear bout the glass m8. You going to the FRS, Phill Durham area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well if i find out who it is ill borrow your services phil if ya dont mind :D

yeah going to the fcs although im a bit bothered about my standard 225 being too boring compared to you guys!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rothwell225 said:
well if i find out who it is ill borrow your services phil if ya dont mind :D

yeah going to the fcs although im a bit bothered about my standard 225 being too boring compared to you guys!
no need to worry about that fella, i'm running as near to standard as when it left the factory too..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, rock up in your motors, it doesn't matter that they're standard, they are great cars as they are, I just wanna touch base with other members and have a great day. Mods or no mods we are all equal in this club and everyone but everyone has a right to be there. Let ir rain Megane's on the 28th, I wanna see you baby shakin that ass. Make sure you come and say hello everyone I'd love to talk and get to know all our forum friends.

I hope nobody else will require my lightweight!!! fist in the future, keep your cars secure from the thieving little gits, all the best to each and everyone of you, take care Phill J

·
Registered
693 Posts
sorry to hear about your window, just thank god it wasnt tinted otherwise extra 50 quid. carnt wait till fcs am getting dave to get my ticket next week if there are any left lol :lol: :lol: once again shit happenes some tosser ie lad next door football on bonet carnt prove it bloody scratches................................ :cry:

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
ive recently come to the conclusion that petty car theives are few and far between with keycode radios, tough glass, alarms, removable faceplates etc.. no in fact what is happening isnt burgalry it is vandalism, but the laws should be changed to make vandalism the same as burgalry :x

what is vandalism. in one word Jelousy. its nothing more. because of the nanny state we live in, kids/teenagers/young adult males some are adults now etc.. have been given an easy ride. they EXPECT a free house, water,electricity, food, clothing etc... and if someone has something that they cant EXPECT to have they get jelous as they dont understand why they have no car and someone has a £20,000 2.0 T Meganesport with kudos and pulling power that their fake gold chains and argos rings cant begin to bring in.

its jelousy, in a way its a posisitive thing for you, jelousy from other men ? must be a notch or 5 up on the social chain. just go round their way and face fuk thier GF, sister in your meggers and leave a polariod of your knob mashing thier face with a big cheesy grin with "OWNED" written on the picture :twisted:

-----

see i dont always write techinical stuff but notice how long the post was again :lol:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Only to familliar with the little sh1ts doing my window aswell.

Tom tom nicked and a tintless window to replace,

You'll be finding bits of glass for weeks! :x

Try claiming for the nav on your house insurance, mine paid out on my robbed one.

Sorry to hear it mate, you never catch them doing it either do you! :evil:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry to hear that mate, so even though you got the tom tom nicked from your car you still claimed on your house insurance? i didnt realise home insurance would pay out if its nicked from your driveway?!

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
yea mate happened to me a while back now,

Just thought living in a decent road dead quiet and no passing traffic it would have been ok, but wasn't! :roll:

Yep parked on the driveway and was insured as part of the home insurance, give it a try mate, might be worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts