Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone link me the thread that had the jet engine videos in please. Can't find it. Thanks

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
I'd put a vid up of mine but I'd be in fear of how many PMs I'd get asking what's been done to it, know what I mean glen lol

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Mines in process as we speak, it's finish at the end of march booked in for the 29th.

Excited about of how it's going to turn out finished off with 3in straight cut tips, with a little big of trickery. :)

Hopefully il also have the jet noise.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Do what I've said and you'll be sorted mate. No centre box, keep back box the pipe that comes from the rear box before it splits into the 2 tail pipes reduce down to a 2" pipe , vwalla jet sound

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Do what I've said and you'll be sorted mate. No centre box, keep back box the pipe that comes from the rear box before it splits into the 2 tail pipes reduce down to a 2" pipe , vwalla jet sound
Cheers Steve. A big help and a real genuinely honest fella :) cheers again

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I would but I'd just get to many PMs as I've said, I'll show you when I see you It's easier

*Starts sending hourly PMs*

Haha im not sure whether to do something like this, the 'jet' sound was 'massive' on the RS, but i lost it when i fitted the Milltek. Do i get Milltek again or try this... hmm

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
lol i really don't understand why people would bother you steve......there is a thread that covers everything you need to do and a few various different ways of doing it.

1. steve way, loose the centre box, literally cut the box out and weld a strait pipe in its place, then you can either get a custom exhaust made or buy a back box from either ktec or blue flame, cut it at the end of the back box as close to the box as pos, weld a 2" pipe about 3" long onto the box, slide the old pipe over the top, no one will even know..... there you have it jet noise

2. my way, and probably a cheaper way if you still have a standard exhaust, chop the back box out and replace with a 2" pipe or you can cut the back box out replace the pipe with a 2.5" pipe then right before the bend for the tail pipes do as steve has done with a small 2" pipe inside.

3. another way i have read, could be a myth but you can try if you like, just get a normal back box chop but on the end closest to the rear of the car spot weld a dot inside, drag the wire out the welder to the bottom then spot it at the bottom basically putting a wire through the middle...

there are so many different ways to create the sound all you are doing is strangling the air that is coming out....no one will ever no what Naith has done to his but thats cool its his choice and credits to him for getting that sound but he also mentions a "clean exit" implying that there is some internal work in the pipe like a few spot welds around the exit of were you cut it...

hope that helps any one else that thinks its a secret

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
jmebdc, a milltek wont give any sort of noise like you want if you want it loud on boost.

you can involve teeth or wires but i dont have them and havent since 2006 when i had the system made like that (for the record). its stated above how to do it, its common sense tbh, strangle the air thats all. i have had it on three exhausts on the meg now all the same, if anything i'm gonna bin it off what with new regs at track but we'll see.

dont beat up on people looking for your illusive sound a16pse, you sent me countless PMs remember ;)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Im not sure why it wouldn't be loud on boost and be any different to my RS (less the distinctive engine rumble from the 5pot)

·
Registered
144 Posts
kingdom good explanation of steves i now know what it involves and tbh i can be fussed with hassle anymore for a noise that will undoubtably get on my nerves similars to an induction kit.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts