Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A DUMP VALVE ON MY CAR :D

didnt even have a clue until the guy that used to own my car had seen me on here and emailed me to ask how it was!!

i did wonder what the noise was but presumed it was just the turbo!!!!

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
do you get a noise on gearchanges then? all 225s have a recirculating dump valve but you dont hear a noiseas they dump into the exhaust side of the turbo

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Thats a nice thing to find out hehe. Sounds good though! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not really on gear change just when i put my foot down!!

ive taken pics but havent sussed out how to upload them on here yet lol

apparently it had a performance air filter on as well although the one thats on now looks pretty standard!

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
maybe the pistons stuck or something if you cant hear it, you should get a big psssshhh in between changes with that on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sure is a dump valve m8, same as mine from k tec. To check it out get to about 3000rpm in third, stereo off and windows down, back of the throttle real quick and yo shud hear the familiar woosh, although not too loud. Basically works on a vacuum system to stop the turbo from stalling when changing gear, lets air back to turbo to keep it spinning, no real gains in BHP but your car should accelerate quicker cos the turbo keps spinning and doesn't need to pick up as much from start.
Cheers Phill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha im made up now over this!! i can stop moaning about my 225 being bog standard now 8) 8) 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i sure am mate, just in the process of starting to sort out stone chips and scuffs on alloys as well as getting back end sorted and getting new window fitted on weds to replace the one that got smashed the other night!

I WILL MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
going down on the day, i expect ill see ya at some point at one of the service station meets!

got to come back same day though as ive just started work at honda :oops: and dont wanna be askin for time off so soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts