Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, just wondering if anyone can let us know about any tuning sites apart from renaultsport.co.uk? This is my stepping stone to my subaru - just can't get insurance below £3k but I had a smile on me face when I was quoted £1700! :D :D :D.

Really nippy the 225cup, I only test drove it cos I hated the Type R but OMG, the power, luxury and the styling is amazing. I was under the impression it was a trophy but its defo a cup. I am right in thinking the only difference between cup - trophy is trophy's are only available in like a silver goldy colour?

Your advice on rookies to 225 cup owners?

G

·
phily_225cup said:
Hey there, just wondering if anyone can let us know about any tuning sites apart from renaultsport.co.uk? This is my stepping stone to my subaru - just can't get insurance below £3k but I had a smile on me face when I was quoted £1700! :D :D :D.

Really nippy the 225cup, I only test drove it cos I hated the Type R but OMG, the power, luxury and the styling is amazing. I was under the impression it was a trophy but its defo a cup. I am right in thinking the only difference between cup - trophy is trophy's are only available in like a silver goldy colour?

Your advice on rookies to 225 cup owners?

hi fella, yes the trophy comes in NIMBUS ( silver) and it's got a small numbered badge in front of the gear stick,
Is it a brand new car you've ordered? or are you buying a used one?
cause cup's were only available to order from june of last year so if its registered b4 that then it will be a full fat with cup pack, also does it have leather on the door cards??

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a used 05 reg in the baby blue silvery colour... from a reno dealer, only 4k on the clock. Can't wait to pick her up 2 wks today.

Can't remember about the door panels but it will be a 'full fat' with cup pack. Whats a 'full fat'?

As you can imagine my excitment, I'm only driving a 1.4 fiesta at the mo!

Insurance for 21 yr old, 3 yrs no claims and an sp30 - £1700 - not bad?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a used 05 reg in the baby blue silvery colour... from a reno dealer, only 4k on the clock. Can't wait to pick her up 2 wks today.

Can't remember about the door panels but it will be a 'full fat' with cup pack. Whats a 'full fat'?

As you can imagine my excitment, I'm only driving a 1.4 fiesta at the mo!

Insurance for 21 yr old, 3 yrs no claims and an sp30 - £1700 - not bad?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
oh...another thing.....

Philly.....welcome to the club!

i went from a 1.6 megane to the 225 and needless to say its a pocket rocket!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice1 bud, I'll be comin to some meets when I've gotten used to it, maybe put a lil show on for yer. Done some mad things in my fiesta; losing control of the 1.4 beast n all lol!

I can't explain how cautiously I've been driving to see off these 2 weeks before I pick her up. Its like xmas eve!

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
phily_225cup said:
nice1 bud, I'll be comin to some meets when I've gotten used to it, maybe put a lil show on for yer. Done some mad things in my fiesta; losing control of the 1.4 beast n all lol!

I can't explain how cautiously I've been driving to see off these 2 weeks before I pick her up. Its like xmas eve!
did it look like mine below ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice1 davey, its with lifesure, the 2nd best quote i got was £2289 with a-plan. Made up with £1768 for 21 wi 3yrs no claims. Thats not bad for a group 17 car don't yer think?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
tried admiral phily?

My first quote with them when i was 23 was £1200. They seem to favour younger drivers.

Im 25 now and my last payment was made when i was 24 with 4 yrs NCB was £660. No points with a north london post code.

Remember to put an older family member on the policy as a named driver. I got my 56 year old mum on mine and it brings it down a little.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
funnily enough alex, i'm with admiral - i hate their indian callcentres... you try tellin an indian you wanna upgrade your policy and add an air filter... lol. but anyway, their quote was above £3k so a left tha one alone.

nice1 btw adam :D

I'd love to organise one day a trip to the nurburgring! Just for a weeks trip - watchin the cannonball got me revin to go! 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts