Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13k for a full fat 225 with cup pack 2005 reg and only 7k miles (not even run in by half) !!!

in fact there are lots of 04 reg with less than 20k on clock at sub 14k price near 13k !! and with the facelift and new variants out there will be a raft of sub 13k ones im sure !

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WW...urce=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

great news for me as il hang around like a hawk until a decent trophy with some extras is around for 13.5k and get one of those. bad news for all those who have paid full wack (lots of silly people walk straight into delaerships and get robbed in this country) even if you only paid 16.5k import you can still lose upto 3.5k in its 1st year errk let alone paying 20k and losing £7,000 in the first year :shock:

anyways im pleased, it just means i can pick and choose any model + spec at silly cheap prices (ohh and i prefer the pre0facelift also)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anyone pay full price for a new car these days?
No-one should pay the full whack for any Renault.
Mine (full fat with glass roof) left me with change out of £16k.
So a resale price of £13k or less is reasonable.
The silly price (£700 off list) was asked by a dealer (now bust) who wouldn't match the price I eventually paid.

Actually, thinking about it, if someone offered me £13k I'd take the money and run like hell!

Chris.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chrisfell said:
Does anyone pay full price for a new car these days?
No-one should pay the full whack for any Renault.
Mine (full fat with glass roof) left me with change out of £16k.
So a resale price of £13k or less is reasonable.
The silly price (£700 off list) was asked by a dealer (now bust) who wouldn't match the price I eventually paid.

Actually, thinking about it, if someone offered me £13k I'd take the money and run like hell!

Chris.
why ? you not happy with your RS or do you not think there worth over 10k. LCR`s held their value for ages longer than the RS, as have the ICR and CTR is it the renault badge that makes this car depreciate so much ?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Probably due to the fact no-one really knows about them
they were'nt publicised enough i think
i'd never heard of them until i got it! Oh and that diamond on the front & back
phil

G

·
I only paid £16K for mine in November last year. It was 6 months old and had 7300 miles on the clock. I looked around for ages and couldn't find another hot hatch that was as new for near that price. The dealer i bought mine from had loads of room for negotiating as well. Part exed a Focus Zetec (S reg 81000 miles for £3K over the phone) ended up paying £14K cash which i'm more than happy about.

The RS 225 is defo under priced IMO. The lack of press about them has got to be a big factor. I didn't know anything about them until i started looking for something bigger than the 182.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Paid £17000 for my full fat with nearly every extra, more than happy with that price, and anyway I'm driving the car for today not what I'll get for it later when I sell it.

Time will tell with the 225 another couple of years when a wider audience of people know what a superb car it is and what it can do it's resale value will stabilise.

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
the trouble with renaults is they always depreciate like a stone, realy its the same with any performance car, if you want the exclusivity which we all have right now you pay for it. If you wanted a trophy you would have to have paid a bare minimum of about 16.5k for it new because they were uk dealer only. I paid just over 15k for my full fat which was pricey given that it was 6 months old an an import, but at the end of the day I've had a year of motoring in a car thats just about the only one I ever see in my area so in terms of exlusivity you get what you pay for. Also when I bought mine there were no other 225s in stock with importers anywhere in the north of the uk so thats how like hens teeth they were when I bought mine!

When I got my 172 I was the only one in the area and I kid you not within about 2 months of me buying mine there were about 20! Round here I only ever see 2 225s and one of them is Andrew from here

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I was one of the first owners in the UK of a 225. It was released at the end of May and i had it by the beginning of July. at the time i was buying no importers of fleet based sales company were selling them.

So i paid full whack for it less staff discount at the time (20% at the time). so it worked out to the same rate as you guys payed......basically i didnt pay the Vat.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Got mine 13th may 04, so also one of the first in the UK.

Ordered it blind as had only seen pics and a colour swatch of the inferno, so took a chance really. Best decision i've made really as the car is perfect for what I need (fast, exclusive and five doors for the wife and kids) struggled to get the deals that are around now but still managed to get a 5 door full fat for just over £18,000.

As Alex said no internet deals on them at the time so considered myself lucky i got any sort of deal.

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
I rekon even now if you want the spec and colour of your choice your looking at a minimum of 16 grand import and 17 dealer.

My personal feeling is that the new shape isnt sufficiently different to the old one to make a massive impact on residuals, it wont have the effect prices like when you have a major model change like the new clio. Once that gets off the ground prices will plummet on the old RS as it will look very dated

I rekon it'll be a year or two before any tophies are at the 13/14k mark

G

·
I posted the following about used prices of Trophy's in the for sale section.
I thought it might be relevant to this thread as well:

The reason you are struggling is because you can get a brand new cup pre-registered for £14,249.

See link http://www.buymynewcar.co.uk/car_details.asp?vehicle_id=1653

I can't honestly understand why anyone would choose a second hand Trophy for £15,750 or £15,500 with a few thousand miles on it, when you can get the same car (minus the plaque and cheap looking carbon trim), brand new with delivery miles only for £1500 or £1250 less.

It's an absolute no brainer to buy a second hand 225 Megane at any more than £12k.

Not even the fact that the Trophy is a Ltd edition makes any difference as the next Ltd edition 225 is already out.
Ltd edition Renaults mean nothing until the day they do just that - Limit them and make them different from the rest.

All IMO of course.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Craig225 said:
I posted the following about used prices of Trophy's in the for sale section.
I thought it might be relevant to this thread as well:

The reason you are struggling is because you can get a brand new cup pre-registered for £14,249.

See link http://www.buymynewcar.co.uk/car_details.asp?vehicle_id=1653

I can't honestly understand why anyone would choose a second hand Trophy for £15,750 or £15,500 with a few thousand miles on it, when you can get the same car (minus the plaque and cheap looking carbon trim), brand new with delivery miles only for £1500 or £1250 less.

It's an absolute no brainer to buy a second hand 225 Megane at any more than £12k.

Not even the fact that the Trophy is a Ltd edition makes any difference as the next Ltd edition 225 is already out.
Ltd edition Renaults mean nothing until the day they do just that - Limit them and make them different from the rest.

All IMO of course.
completley agree. the trophy is a nice colour grey but the Red of the Cup ironically is the red from the clio trophy :)

the cup is the lighest and has the drilled brakes and stuff from the trophy and at just over 14k its stupidly cheap, really quite amazing value for a hatchback.

thats less than a practically base spec focus or golf for the top model.

it shows that the prices now are really at THE lowest they can physically go new. they have dropped from 20K, 16.5k, 15.8k, 14.9k, finally 14.2k !! for the same car but a cup model with drilled brakes, better steering, and better supension and tyres.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
andy bassett said:
and to be fair the cup is the same bloody car at the end of the day as a trophy.

i to agree with post
The trophy has got a nice plaque though!!!

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea i think the plaque is worth 20k 8)

i got rid of my 172MKII icesilver, really liked the looks and pain colour was reliable but there loads by time of selling all in silver, you dont notice the black 172 looks like a dynamique, dark blue one is a bit sleeper also and the school blazer colur dark red was ok`is but unexceoptional apart from Icesilver which is miles better than the silver of the 182, the 225 in steel grey is a close match but still think icesilver is better. so what does everyone buy ??? an icesilver 172. so i sold mine for a 172cup. i havent seen one at all where i live or on the 52mile round trip to work for the last 4months. there all written off by now and there were only 1200 released in the country anyways so i too like an exclusive car. the cup will never not be exclusive as ever winter loads are culled, but now the prices drop for the 182/172 seen as the new RS is coming out i think its time to move upto the 225 hmm.. but which one :?

shall i wait for the facelift 2234 cup-trophy-f1 special ltd edtion with tada .. a silly plaque or shall i just get the lightest rawest cup in red ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've got a 182 Trophy (after owning a 172 FF for 2 years) and I think the lack of storage space may be getting to me. I can hardly get my golf clubs and a weekend bag in the car, let alone another set for a mate.
I've been thinking about the 225 and found this description of the new 06 mods.
http://www.askaprice.com/torque-art..._and_announce_Megane_prices_for_2006&item=904

Does this fly with what everyone knows about them? Think I'd be happy with a Cup with the Recaros, figure £14200 + £800 Recaros for an OTR online price of £15000 doesn't sound too bad?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts