Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking on the K-Tec Website and saw the power box for the 225 for £400. I like the idea that its easy to remove and fit but not shore whether to get it!!!! Can anyone shed any light on it!

Has anyone had this fitted?
Does it make a difference?
Is it worth the money?
Does it damage the engine ect ect?

Soz but tuning cars is like speaking different language to me if anyone could help that would be great.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Not sure really mate, i'd ask to see some proof of power gains,

If it works then it looks pretty good!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
your better off buying the remap for the same money!

i doubt you would be happy or notice much of a difference with it, unless you put an exhaust , intercooler, IK on at the same time
to get around 250Bhp ish
phil

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
Would this work with a Euro4 engine? If it did what it claimed it would be a nice, if expensive way, to do a performance mod in the absence of a working remap

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
dont wanna knock ktec, they are freinds of the site and dedicated to doing a lot of stuff for the 225 but I rekon the powerbox is a poor way to get power from a turbo car, all it does is fool the ECU into thowing more fuel into the engine, the best way to get more power from a turbo car is to up the boost and fuelling, remap does just that. Ktec dont seem to have a remap listed so I assume the people that they had developing it havent got round the dreaded overboost probelms

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
jonseal said:
dont wanna knock ktec, they are freinds of the site and dedicated to doing a lot of stuff for the 225 but I rekon the powerbox is a poor way to get power from a turbo car, all it does is fool the ECU into thowing more fuel into the engine, the best way to get more power from a turbo car is to up the boost and fuelling, remap does just that. Ktec dont seem to have a remap listed so I assume the people that they had developing it havent got round the dreaded overboost probelms
They have the remap on their car, i have driven it and its quick!
not sure why they are not selling it yet though, maybe problems or they just want to run it for a while to make sure its ok
phil

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
I would guess shutdown probs, a lot of the early chips went like stink for 10 minutes then shut down, some clever Germans found a way round it but the UK Tuners seem to be struggling

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
jonseal said:
I would guess shutdown probs, a lot of the early chips went like stink for 10 minutes then shut down, some clever Germans found a way round it but the UK Tuners seem to be struggling
I take it RS tuning have overcome it?

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
yeah the remap originates from German tuners, they are usually about a year ahead of anything happening in the uk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so if i decided to go down the re mapping route would it be advisable to get a different exhaust system aswell? Also whats the deal with the Warrenty! Would i be voiding that??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts