Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My keyless entry stopped working ages ago. Now when I insert my key card it says something like keycard not read. I have to fiddle around with it to get it to work. I have ordered a new one but I am worried the key card will totally die before I get the new one programmed in. Is it possible to start the car with the actual key in the card like you can use it to open it?.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I had a cc meggy with keyless entry, the drivers handle was at fault, opened it up and the chip was snapped lol, new handle sorted it out.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i have changed the battery. The door opens fine when i press the button. It is starting the car I am having difficulty with.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A new keycard battery is worth a try, though the display should tell you the battery in the card is low. The emergency key will open the passanger door, but to my knowledge, theres nowhere to stick the key in the dash to crank the beast over.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If you take the battery out of the card and put it in the slot the car will still start.

It uses an RFID reader in the slot, with the 'tag' in the card. (The tag take its'power' from the reader, not the card battery.)

You may find one of the induction coils of the tag is comming away from the board.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Had keycard not detected trouble with the misses Scenic a month ago

this guy sorted it out (i was local - took him ten minutes!)

http://www.keyrepair.co.uk/

Also a tip - the keycard is only detected as it enters the slot - once its in it makes no difference what you do - the most vunerable component is just below the triangle arrow symbol - so squeeze the card just below this between finger & thumb as you insert.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help. I stied squeezing the card together when it plays up it it works, must be a loose connection as you say. Once I get my new key i will send this one away to get fixed.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I have found that sometimes if you keep the keycard in your pocket then the daily "sit down", "stand up" of daily life can often result in the battery connections very slightly bending away from contact with the battery (especially the top contact for battery negative) and if you squeeze the keycard where the battery is located then the remote buttons work fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi can anyone help I have a 2004 megane 225 sport and after changing the key card battery the key will no longer unlock or lock doors still works in car reader to start car just won't work with central locking. I've read that if the key battery was out longer then couple mins may need resetting? How do I do this? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts