Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can somebody make me feel a little better by telling me they have driven off into town and left their card at home?!...........what a plank! :/

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Lol don't the warning come up on the dash like the 250?
They are a stupid design though the car should cut out if it goes out of range

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it beeps.....thing is my mrs started it as I had to move the van out of the way. She then got out. As I was parking the van I suppose it was beeping its head off. I get in leaving my keys on the van seat completely oblivious to what I've done. Get to town, push the stop button and then it hit home......

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Well it beeps.....thing is my mrs started it as I had to move the van out of the way. She then got out. As I was parking the van I suppose it was beeping its head off. I get in leaving my keys on the van seat completely oblivious to what I've done. Get to town, push the stop button and then it hit home......
Easily done Jon. Did it let you switch it off?? I noticed yesterday with the 250 when I took it out the garage I then left the card on the work bench and went to turn it off, it wouldn't let me!! Don't think it beeped though.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I am sure I can turn mine off without the key inside (will have to try now) but I am sure it does not bleep just a warning on the screen

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a good point, usually it says I need to push the button twice to stop it........don't think it did this time but I have been working since 4 this morning so I'm well away with the faries!!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
This is madness and absolutely ludicrous that we are in a world of super boffins who can come up with such a design as keyless entry and start but they can't come up with the counter-security for that so that when the car is started it is constantly monitoring for the keycard and when out of range goes mad that the key is out of range or not present... at the end of the day the slot in the dash is a switch with an RFID sensor!

On a very similar note... has anyone noticed their keycard battery connection is a bit dodgy? ... sometimes the card works as normal and sometimes I have to press the bottom right corner (where the battery is) for the keycard to work again... this is only for locking/unlocking the car, starting is 100% fine still.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
It doesn't just shutoff if it goes out of range incase your battery goes flat in the remote when you're driving. Could get messy if you're on the motorway.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It does beep when you get our of the car with the key, and shows a message on the dash, byt I think you have to press the stop button twice to make it stop when the card isn't in range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts