Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Had always thought it was strange that my car wasn't keyless but after a trip to mark black tonight he confirmed it should be. Now it's not just the handles that don't work, it's also the ignition.

Has anyone else had this? Could it have been 'turned off'?

Cheers

·
Registered
469 Posts
Do you definitely have the sensors under the handles? Maybe it could be that the battery in the keys are running low and the sensor can't pick them up? Perhaps try holding the keys right up to the handle and then put your hand in. Mine have sometimes refused to work if I have them in the pocket of a thick coat etc haha.

·
Registered
590 Posts
common problem with the door handle buttons not working, replacement handle buttons can be get from renault. i do recall watching a renault technician on renault tv diagnose a keyless problem on a car, and it was traced to a unplugged connector under the scuttle panel passager side, it wasnt a megane, but it may be similar

·
Registered
237 Posts
i had a similar problem when i first bought the car and keyless entry wouldnt work, i had faulty sensor on handles but the boot button worked fine to lock the car had sensors changed and no problem sinse... touch wood

·
Registered
51 Posts
Could also be the transmitter in the remote, does the buttons on the remote lock and unlock the car, my remote was doing nothing even with a new battery, kept having message card not detected. cut my remote open with a stanley knife to find the transmitter with 2 of the 3 prongs with a bad joint, resoldered all 3 glued case back together and has been fine the past couple of weeks with no issues.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
im same as mozzer, sometimes my locks work sometimes they dont, no probs starting tho until battery started to die then i need the card in slot, new battery fitted and fine again. door locks decide which ones work on what days tho still but boot one always locks it lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.