Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title. Does anyone else feel a small amount of lag when gunning it and changing gear or when you take it on boost to say 5k rpm then let off and get back on the power again? I've only noticed this recently.... It seems to hesitate for a moment before briging the power in again?

·
Registered
384 Posts
You running a standard map MJ? I noticed a similar sluggishness, which improved when i fitted the Forge recirc (Original one must have been tired with the extra boost) and think it held boost even better when i fitted the Forge actuator - both with yellow springs on stage 2.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Alright mate, you must off seen afew threads I made some time ago with the same problem. Apparently it's normal, I removed my DV to see the difference aswell.

On my mobile but look back at my threads and see the replys

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, stage 1 map. glad i'm not just imagining it then. i have got a forge recirc and actuator sitting here to go on but the recirc looks a **** to do and I thought the actuator needed setting up on the rr.

·
Registered
384 Posts
the recirc is fine - but you'll need to work out how to get the Third Bolt out, with its restricted access up against the engine. Drives people nuts. Just make sure you have the right type of spanner ahead of time. Quite a few threads on here. I didn't use a RR for the actuator - again loads of threads. Half a hole of pre-load seems fine. But your choice on risk fella.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must of missed your reply before Losi. Yes I have seen a few when it comes to dump valves - I just put that down running the wrong spring in most instances. The standard recirc and actuator are usually regarded as ok for stg1 but guess I know what I'll be looking at this weekend.

It's the third bolt that worrys me Billy! Limited space and pipes etc running all over the place. I can read boost pressure so may have a look at the actuator aswell If I'm feeling brave.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Mine still does it after my stage 1, think you will always fill a slight delay after you change gear.

Next time your out Steve look out for it .....

·
Registered
289 Posts
only time i really notice it is when im getting close to the redline & shift a little late but below 6k it seems fine tbh

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never noticed it before which led me to post. I need to get my recirc and actuator on anyway so will have a go at the weekend and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
The problem I had with mine (or the problem I thought) was on going for ages. Removed DV and was at Renault twice and had two mechs from Renault out with me aswell.

Car was mapped at tdf and was running perfect but still does it

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think you should have a go at fitting them MJ! No point having them sitting on a shelf looking pretty :) particularly if you've got some indication of boost to reassure you on fitting. Beware losing bolts down the back of the engine as you work on the recirc or actuator - tip I got off here was to stuff an old tea-towel or big rag underneath the recirc valve, to catch any of the bolts if you drop them. You might also want to get some new hose clips for the vacuum hoses onto the actuator and recirc - fuel line clips are good (dont think they do a small enough diameter Jubilee clip for the recirc) - because those Renault spring clips are a right pain to re-clip and to be frank were one of the worst bits of the job. Also noticed that the curved aperture on the rear of the Forge recirc does not totally align to the aperture of the turbo when you mate them together - this does not seem to make any difference, so long as there is some aperture shared between the two. And do the work on a cold or lightly warmed engine! I did some final adjustments on the actuator arm lenght once i'd been around the block a couple of times and a hotter turbo/cat makes for an 'interesting' work environment...

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll have a look and try Billy. I plan to go back up to RST soon so was going to get them done then but If I've got a problem the sooner the better. Yeah I had a look at those clips, They do look a ball ache!

Don't suppose anyone knows what size the clips are?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts