Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has had the same thing happen to them:

This morning I was pulling out of a junction on to a busy road when the car just went dead. Initially, I thought I'd stalled it but I couldn't get it restarted and a couple of error messages came up saying "Check ESP" and "Check Injectors".

I managed to get the car pushed to the side of the road and got the AA out, the technician said that something had drained my battery, possibly caused by the fault.

The car is now with my local Renault dealership and I'm waiting for a call to let me know the outcome.

I've been lucky as the car had enough momentum to roll across onto an island in the middle of the road, taking me out of the way of oncoming traffic (typically 70mph+ HGVs)

I'm a but gutted though, didn't expect the car to let me down after only 3000 miles!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Oooooh, that's not good. Keep us up to speed on what the prob was. If its a fault then mine's in next weekend to have the headlight changed so i'll ask 'em to check it out
while its in there.
Hope its nothing major for you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE:

The car is now fixed, a very quick turnaround by Tones in Hartlepool, very impressed.

The problem was linked to a recall that was issued a couple of months ago; a part of the injectors wiring loom had rubbed away against a part of the engine block and caused a fuse to blow.
The dealership have fixed the wiring and fitted a sheath over the affected area to prevent it from happening again!

Very glad to have the car back!

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Chris would you mind taking a pic of the part in question if possible? Mines on similar mileage to yours and I want to check mine out, thanks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris would you mind taking a pic of the part in question if possible? Mines on similar mileage to yours and I want to check mine out, thanks.
Will take a pic over the weekend. I think this fault only affects a limited batch of cars build in Summer 2011, but best to check anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Will take a pic over the weekend. I think this fault only affects a limited batch of cars build in Summer 2011, but best to check anyway.
I remember reading about it and it not applying to mine but want to make sure all the same. Thanks Chris.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
question is now why was'nt you informed of the recall
I seem to remember a post up on RS about it
I was informed about it, but didn't think it sounded urgent and was in no hurry to get it booked in! Serves me right really, but then again its bad design on Renault's part!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts