Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've sorted out my car I've been trying to get up to speed with tuning routes and I'm quite surprised at how small a tuning market the RS250 has.

Although what I have read and looked into, the few companies who do cater for it have a cracking name for themselves which is good.

I was looking at a Focus RS for trackdays and although they are very tuneable, the minefield of tuners is incredible with one on almost every street corner with varying feedback and reputations.

Can't wait to get mine now....then get it ready for trackdays. :)

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
it may be limited, but what is available is very good. RS Tuning do remaps, intercooler and exhaust, so do K-Tek. I've found them both to be top notch. The RS250 with these mods is a cracking drive.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I've gathered from reading thru t'internet. Just wish there was a good tuner up here in Jockland, although a trip south of the wall to get the car done right would make a cracking drive home.

What are you running in yours? I seen in a few threads that you also do trackdays. That's my main reason for getting this car. Used to do them years ago in Impreza's and Evo's and want to get back into them.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
312 on Rs tunings dyno, it drives well. Also got a forge intercooler and a k-tek cat back system, i'm really pleased with it. As for trackdays, off to Spa again in April, it's a really good few days away, get it booked for next year.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I went to RS tuning in Leeds which is a great place, alot of knowledge on cars! and can help you with any questions you have to do with tuning! I am running on my 250, Scorpion cat back, RStuning decat, bmc panel filter, Forge intercooler and RSTuning remap, i am running at 325bhp with 370 lbs/ft. Its a cracking drive! had the car over a year and half, and had the work done over half a year and its running sweet!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers chaps :biggthumpup:

Both sound good. I'll give it a couple of trackdays before I do anything to appreciate the change.

Spa is a good shout. It's on my list of ones to do so will keep my eye on next year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Picked up my rs250 last week. Love the car. Regards remap-I know it produces more bhp but where exactly in the drive do you notice it most and is a remap worth having without any other mods?

·
Registered
669 Posts
And the RS250 is just very capable from factory. It doesn't require many upgrades to be very quick. In fact, most of the time, the driver is the limiting factor, not the car.

Redd

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm probably getting ahead of myself as I dont get the car until Thursday. Just excited I guess, been a good few years since I ran a proper quick car.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Before I had my car , I already had the Ktec intercooler and exhaust and it was lowered with KW variant 3 when I had it one week and this Tuesday I will bring my car to Intrax (Netherlands) to get the 1K2 suspension.It will be designed on my car.....(Specially for the Nurburgring)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Nice. I had the Intrax HDA on my 156 GTA, external reservoirs, 40xAdjustment, it took type-r tyres in its stride I assume the 1K2 is more hardcore so it should be pretty impressive. Another mate has the 4 way system which is apparently very impressive indeed, expensive though.

Before I had my car , I already had the Ktec intercooler and exhaust and it was lowered with KW variant 3 when I had it one week and this Tuesday I will bring my car to Intrax (Netherlands) to get the 1K2 suspension.It will be designed on my car.....(Specially for the Nurburgring)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nice. I had the Intrax HDA on my 156 GTA, external reservoirs, 40xAdjustment, it took type-r tyres in its stride I assume the 1K2 is more hardcore so it should be pretty impressive. Another mate has the 4 way system which is apparently very impressive indeed, expensive though.
The 1K2 is indeed more hardcore than the HDA , the 4 way is the best Intrax has but you need to be a professor to set it up correctly.The 1K2 is more easy to adjust and the guys from Intrax will do all the settings for me. It's not cheap,with the black titan option it will cost me around 3600 euro (3000£),but it should be impressive on track.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have intrax of somesort on my gta and one has started to make a knock and after inspection it seems to be seeping oil from the coilover.
So am gonna have to send them to holland for a good service...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Have you mapped the car as well Dixie? Any issues with it overheating on track at all? I've heard some with and without an intercooler mention they can feel the car throttling back the power on track when the weather is a bit hotter than usual (and even more so for the Malaysian guys).

·
Registered
492 Posts
Have you mapped the car as well Dixie? Any issues with it overheating on track at all? I've heard some with and without an intercooler mention they can feel the car throttling back the power on track when the weather is a bit hotter than usual (and even more so for the Malaysian guys).
Yes my car is mapped (311hp and 430nm torque) Never had overheating problems at the track,intake ,oil and watertemperatures are fine but car feels faster when it's colder outside but I think it's normal for a turbocharged engine...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anymore details on this suspension?

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Picked up my rs250 last week. Love the car. Regards remap-I know it produces more bhp but where exactly in the drive do you notice it most and is a remap worth having without any other mods?
Its noticeable across the rev range. Pickup is a lot quicker and the extra torque is immediately noticeable once the turbo spools up. Mine's running an RS Tuning Stage 1 remap, and nothing else and it feels amazing! I took it to Paul with 1600 miles on the clock and it made 296bhp and 334lbft torque after the remap. I've got a Forge FMIC ready to fit when then weather picks up a bit too, so I'll be taking it back to RS Tuning to get the map tweaked once its done!

Can't recommend a remap enough! Get it done!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts