Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I go to the login page, a picture of a scantily clad lady appears on my page. Wanting to date me. I dont think my boss would appreciate seeing said lady, on my work pc, especially in work time.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
hahaha, and everyone laughed last year when I said wait until we start getting the dating adverts on the forum! personally i think it looks tacky and inappropriate. the forum now seems to have lost some professionalism of the club and is more along the like of your chav/boy racer clubs! i know a lot of people that have commented on the adverts of the past few months and are not impressed with it.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha, and everyone laughed last year when I said wait until we start getting the dating adverts on the forum! personally i think it looks tacky and inappropriate. the forum now seems to have lost some professionalism of the club and is more along the like of your chav/boy racer clubs! i know a lot of people that have commented on the adverts of the past few months and are not impressed with it.
+1

All the adds lag my PC while they load. All I wanna do is talk about Renault/Megane stuff not date some lady.

Cliosport dont have adds everywhere... yet :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
i know that running the forum can be expensive and the company that own it can do what they want. but some adverts are really not relevant. i didnt mind it so much when we had car related adverts, insurance etc. but having the likes of dating sites... it just makes the place look cheap and nasty.

is there any way that the forum owners can select the content of the adverts and categorise it?

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soon you will have to agree to being 18+ when logging in. Its putting me off logging in.

I know this wont go down well, but cliosport only do yearly memberships. That way they have an income.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I know this wont go down well, but cliosport only do yearly memberships. That way they have an income.
that's a good point mate maybe the way forward. and I use the forum on my phone using tapatalk so no adverts for me perhaps a better way for most.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Maybe paid members should not have to see the advert banners...
that's a good idea there are a few websites I use that do just that and it works very well for the user. not sure how well the site owners do out if it though?

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
its out of our hands guys (well the mod team anyway)

we have a few issues too but its becoming increasingly hard to get a reply from higher powers. As for the site we are trying to keep it as close as we can to its original core values, but like i said the adverts and site design i cant do anything :(

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
It's a real shame that this is happening. I agree with the paying a few quid more if it would help at all??

I've started using Tapatalk 90% of the time which is really good for those that haven't tried it but its only any good for the forum side of it of course.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
What do you guys keep googling then?? ;)

I just get adds for a few chainreactioncycles and wiggle :confused:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts