Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so went bowling last night with some mates they come in a yeti (to the right of my meg) and there was a space next to me then the red yaris, i said to my mate i'll park mine up tight to yours as i have an understandable fear of people parking close and opening their door straight into my car,so left ample space in the bay next me,after a few hours of bowling i come out to find this!!!!!!
literally 12" between mine and his doors words fail me :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
It's a van mate! Say no more. What a pleb! Hope the motor was ok?

I always make a point of grabbing an end space when available, hate leaving my motors anywhere.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's so frustrating the fact I made such an effort too,oh and the front of his van (you can't see from this pic) was about 6" from the front of mine!
Cars a little dirty so haven't inspected properly had a quick look last night doesn't seem to be any marks but can't be sure until a good clean and proper inspection

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.770642,-2.590344

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Check every time. Had 3 pimpil dents in the past from this. Just saying if you see a car seat in the car don't park next to it, mums are the worst!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
LOL. There's no excuse for that. I always find the same though. I try to find an end space and park close to the curb leaving plaenty of space for anyone who comes next to me to get in/out yet they never seem to stick to the parking bays, Just use my car as the white line!

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I would of Sat in the car and waited for them to return and if they hit the car u could of been nice and polite and thanked them. Winds me up big time

·
Registered
202 Posts
I hope there is no damage as that parking is worst i've seen. You should of just parked in the middle of the 2 spaces if you are that worried about some hit your car.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
should always have pen and paper in your glovebox .... leave him a "nice parking you cnut, next time try and get a bit closer why don't you in you ****1ing sh1t van" note on his windscreen

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
should always have pen and paper in your glovebox .... leave him a "nice parking you cnut, next time try and get a bit closer why don't you in you ****1ing sh1t van" note on his windscreen
Haha that made me laugh, Everytine I see the photo I get more wound up....*****!!!

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
You and your mates vs his handbrake :p if it were my motor we'd have had a go lol, left his car dumped somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Last van that did that to me (and dented the passenger door) had its wing mirrors removed. Mind you that'll teach me for risking parking in an asda car park.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I normally park in 2 spaces, i know its a ****ty thing to do, but i dont want the car scratched or dented. If someone parks too close and they dont bump your car with the door, chances are they will scratch it squeezing past with thier shopping or studs on jeans.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I think they do it on purpose.
a couple of years ago I went shopping (christmas time) got there early hardly anybody on the car park so parked up a fair distance to the shopping centre and when I came out I was just in time to see a woman folding my mirror in because she was that close she could not fit between my mirror and her car, luckerly there was no damage to the car.
whenever I come back to the car and someone has parked next to me first thing I do is look down the side for dents, even if there are people in the other car.
If I have to park next to someone I always try and park next to a performance car of some sort because they may have more respect for property.
the biggest problem now is the cars have got a lot wider than 5-10 years ago and the spaces have stayed the same size also with a 3 door car the doors are huge and you need the extra room just to get out.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I've been in the same situation, but when I was younger i remember going somewhere with my dad and coming back to see a bunch of Chinese tourist jut getting out of the big ass hunk of crap, he looked down the side of his jag when they left to find big dent marks down the side and scratches from we're they had pulled their rucksack out....he was furious he told me to sit in the car whilst he had a walk around theirs with a smile on his face!!! Still don't know what he did to this day! :)

People just don't respect things anymore.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Thats the reason I purposely park really far away from the doors in a quiet part of the carpark

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I do the same mate which is usually followed by a sarcastic comment from the girlfriend regarding taxis and the door:)

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts