Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few days I have noticed when I pull off the drive on full lock you can feel the outside wheel being pushed (like a jumpy motion), and the turn is not smooth.
can't say I have noticed it before does anyone else do it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the same, but I have the Sport chassis, so no LSD.

I think this is due to the caster setup of the front suspension, giving alot of negative camber on full lock. As there is no load on the outside wheel, you feel the "jumpy" behaviour.

Also, the LSD has no effect at these low speeds, as there is barely any torque difference between the front wheels.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Does it feel like the front of the cars jumping? My R26 does this aswell but only when first starting off (cars cold) and pulling away sharpish.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
full lock (L or R) for any pull off feeels like the car is jumping over the outside tire, specialy on paving (not really well fitted, with small gaps) on me parking

edit: as also in multistore parking with that slippery floor when wet

·
Registered
758 Posts
only noticed this last week , tyres were wet and roads frosty so put it down to that , was on full lock to park car back in the garage

·
Registered
15 Posts
Feels like skidding, mine does that too. just out of curiosity, i'm on Conti CS5 and the grip on these when damp/wet is hopeless...thats what i think cause mine to skid somewhat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts