Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the wrong section :s

"Quick question regarding trim levels. All I know so far is that Meg 250s come with Cup or non-cup chassis. What are all the other packs? Ideally want Recaros (leather if poss), daytime running lights, cup chassis and 18"s."

Is there a pack(s) that would contain all the above? Makes it easier when talking to dealers!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah. Durgh. Should have thought about that!! Thanks.

Think the packs I'm after are the cup chassis pack and the visibility pack. Can't afford to buy new but should still be able to use those packs as guidance to get what I'm after.

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the monitor worth it? The sales guy made a big deal of it on a recent test drive of a boggo meg cup but I couldn't see the appeal once the novelty has worn off. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd take it; it's a feature that should be on the RS. I still love to switch between different throttle response settings.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
If you want leather recaros then I think (I might be wrong) that you need to get the normal 250 but order the cup chassis pack with recaros. Leather I think is not an option if you order a 250cup. Get the viz pack, that gives you drls and xenons as well as auto wipers. Get the monitor, you'll regret it it you don't.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The RS monitor is easily worth the outlay for the 5 throttle pre-sets alone, extreme mode completely changes the response of the car.

Another useful feature of the monitor is the Oil temperature monitor, which lets you know when the Oil has fully warmed up and thus when its' safe to put your foot down. Oil takes longer to bring up to temperature than water so the water temp gauge on the instrument binnacle isn't a good indication that the car has warmed up!

mcowey is right about the leather recaros, the cup chassis pack is a must (if you're ordering a non-cup car) I also went for the visibility pack which gives you LED daytime running lights (DRL's) and Xenon's which adjust themselves to see into the bends when you go around corners, amongst other things.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah I see. I thought the monitor was just a glorified stopwatch!! Seem it's much more involved than that; particularly like the oil temperature thingame-wotsit. Had a looksie on youtube last night at a few different videos of meg 250's. For people interested the i-motor review and the VBH 5th Gear review are the best ones for demonstration of the RS monitor.

Going to be adding the monitor to the list of options I ideally want. Cheers guys :)

Re leather recaros, it wouldn't be a deal breaker but they would be nice. Not having recaros would be a deal breaker though.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
It so much more than a fancy trip computer. I was like that at first but I changed my mind and spec'd the RS Monitor. So glad I did. When I get together with other guys from the forum and go for a blast, its the first thing I do is switch it on, make sure the oil is up to temp then get the G Force map on for the twisty bits, plus in weather like this, when it snows you have the option of snow mode. Its not fool proof, but it definitely helps if your caught out with the snow.

And finally, if for nothing else, when it comes to sale time, IMHO an RS250 with a monitor is more attractive to a buyer than one without.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Re leather recaros, it wouldn't be a deal breaker but they would be nice. Not having recaros would be a deal breaker though.
You can spec a cup pack at a cheaper price and not get the recaros. The standard seats are leather and are still very very good. In long drives some people say more comfortable.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Oh yeah. Durgh. Should have thought about that!! Thanks.

Think the packs I'm after are the cup chassis pack and the visibility pack. Can't afford to buy new but should still be able to use those packs as guidance to get what I'm after.

Thanks again :)
If you are not buying new then take your time. Dealer used stuff is currently priced lower than deluded private punters fare ATM and the market is weak, they need to shift stock.

In early 2012 there will be tasty deals to be had and prices will continue going south.

Some great 250s are already knocking on £15K.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I probably should have made it clearer that I'm buying used not new. Following my test drive the sales guy priced one up to my spec and it was knocking on the door of £27k!!! Would love a new car but my bank manager firmly disagrees!

Oh and I noticed that private sellers were pricing their cars higher than dealers. I don't think I've ever seen that before! It's looking like I'll be in a position to buy at the perfect time (around Feb time) so I'm hoping to squeeze a great deal out of some unlucky dealer. :) That's not to say I wouldn't consider a good privately owned car but not at the current prices!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Yeah, I probably should have made it clearer that I'm buying used not new. Following my test drive the sales guy priced one up to my spec and it was knocking on the door of £27k!!! Would love a new car but my bank manager firmly disagrees!

Oh and I noticed that private sellers were pricing their cars higher than dealers. I don't think I've ever seen that before! It's looking like I'll be in a position to buy at the perfect time (around Feb time) so I'm hoping to squeeze a great deal out of some unlucky dealer. :) That's not to say I wouldn't consider a good privately owned car but not at the current prices!
That’s because private sellers have not fully accepted or appreciated the realities of the depressed used market. They will eventually......... They ain’t going up in price.

You will also notice yellow is difficult to shift used. Not popular.

Enjoy the hunt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IMO people will never pay more for a main stream car privately than they would at a dealer, so I'm not sure what the private sellers are trying to achieve at the minute. Anyhow, not my problem; I want in, not out!!

I've only seen a couple of yellow 250s in real life and my impression was that the paint is really flat. The only yeyllow I would consider is Liqud Yellow, which it I remember correctly is unique to the Trophy (at the mo).

Am thinking either grey, white, red or black. In that order, with grey and white being miles ahead.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
That’s because private sellers have not fully accepted or appreciated the realities of the depressed used market. They will eventually......... They ain’t going up in price.

You will also notice yellow is difficult to shift used. Not popular.

Enjoy the hunt.
15% of Renaultsport 250 / 250 Cup sold in 2011 have been Sport Yellow

1 - 20 of 29 Posts