Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few threads about spare wheels on the forum, but none answer my question properly! I will be picking up my 250 next week and noted that there is space for a spare wheel (space saver I assume)....but I have a full size 17" wheel as spare for my Clio 200. Does anyone know if this wheel will go onto the Meg. If it does I'll stick a ;)cheap tyre on it with a higher profile to make up the size difference.

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
I may be wrong but I think you'll b ok as the spare is a 17 too. In both cases either wheel will only fit on the back wheels due to the size of the front calipers - if you get a front puncture you have to switch the tyres around. HTH

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
i think, that you cant fit so wide (tall) wheel into boot where is place just for spacesaver...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I've got a full size 18" wheel in my boot and it fits perfectly into the spare wheel well.

I always keep one of my track wheels in there in case of emergencies, it's far easier than trying to use that foam stuff.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've got a full size 18" wheel in my boot and it fits perfectly into the spare wheel well.

I always keep one of my track wheels in there in case of emergencies, it's far easier than trying to use that foam stuff.
Same here,no problem at all.....

·
Registered
492 Posts
cheers pal , love your car, any rubbing problems with that width and offset ?
It rubbed a little (Meggie is lowered) had to remove the screw in the wheel arch and had to trim a little from the plastic inner cap but not a big problem at all....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts