Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi recently my clutch has started to slip, does anyone know of or recommend an uprated clutch and flywheel (single mass) plus cost.

I'm thinking of remapping so i'm not sure if the standard clutch and flywheel if replaced with standard would take the abuse.

Car is a 2.0 DCI renaultsport.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Hi recently my clutch has started to slip, does anyone know of or recommend an uprated clutch and flywheel (single mass) plus cost.

I'm thinking of remapping so i'm not sure if the standard clutch and flywheel if replaced with standard would take the abuse.

Car is a 2.0 DCI renaultsport.

Thanks in advance
If you can deal with fault codes every 5mins then go for the SMF, standard clutch should hold

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can deal with fault codes every 5mins then go for the SMF, standard clutch should hold
Fault codes...? take it something to do with crank sensor? I went to an smf when i had a leon cupra tdi from dmf and it didn't throw anything i was hoping it would be the same. Is the standard one capable of a stage 1 map, just thinking of taking it to near 200bhp nothing more really.

Thanks for your response though!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I had this on mine 56k and the clutch started slipping when flooring the throttle in high gears it was actually the clutch cover pressure plate that was knackered... There are a few on here running a standard clutch with a remap with with no issues...

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Some people don't read properly.
The clutch in the petrol won't be the same as the diesel same for flywheel.
It's oem parts only at the mo. And I think its surpose to be a engine job out.
Never known one to go yet

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some people don't read properly.
The clutch in the petrol won't be the same as the diesel same for flywheel.
It's oem parts only at the mo. And I think its surpose to be a engine job out.
Never known one to go yet
hmmm its self diagnosis at the moment booked in at the weekend for a real opinion. My example is that in 4th gear at about 50mph put your foot down to pass something, revs shoot up to about 4k fall back to about 3300 and the car then picks up.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Exactly the same as mine,it is a big job but you dont need to take engine out just front sub frame and bumper etc... When we inspected the clutch plate it self it had loads of life left in it! as i said it was the clutch cover that failed you will also need a new slave cylinder mate..

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I've just fitted one on the other halfs meg 1.5 dci an the flywheel is more like a solid one not dual mass like the 225, not sure if it's the same on the 2.0 dci,
Took me just over 3 hours on my own

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had this on mine 56k and the clutch started slipping when flooring the throttle in high gears it was actually the clutch cover pressure plate that was knackered... There are a few on here running a standard clutch with a remap with with no issues...
Mine has just got to 70K had stage 1 map (203BHP) from 6k and is just starting to slip
in the same way you mention
did you have any issues with DMF or was it just a friction and pressure plate change.
What sort of price did you pay as my local dealers are quoting 1300.00

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Just the clutch cover,plate and new slave cylinder mate... We inspected the fly and it was ok. Ended up around £800 at my local independent dealer..

Sent From my Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts