Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F1 MAGANE THRUST RELEASE BEARING PROBLEM
NEED SOME ADVICE MY F1 MAGANE 100 MILES ON CLOCK HAS A THRUST-BEARING PROBLEM. RENAULT WILL FIX FAULT BUT THE COMPLETE ENGINE NEEDS TO COME OUT, MY THOUGHTS ARE IT NEVER GOES BACK AS IT WAS BUILT ON THE PRODUCTION LINE. PS GET IT FIXED OR LET IT RUN?

THANKS TO MEMBERS DANNY M :?

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
the one at orpington i mean, mine was in for soink and it was in the show room wen i was there and they told me it was just sold.

personly i would see how it goes for anothe few miles, you have told rens so they know the prob is there, but just see it it gets better after a few more miles, mines hade a noise from the rear that sounded like a wheel bearing but it soon went away after 500 miles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your comments, i did try rejecting the F1 on the third day of havin it due to the amount of work they wanid to do, legally i aint got a leg to stand on!
Renault UK will not reject vehicles with clutch prblems, so the options are let it run or get it fixed?? which is crap for a new car
i had a clio 182 b4 and a renault 225 and never ad any prblems, but despite it all the F1 is a different league!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andy - i bought it from the showroom in orpington, if u want an F1 they've got 1 in Shirley, Croydon - check the clutch first :lol:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Legally you can reject te vehicle under a certain age and miles so they are spining you a crock of shit matey so if you are not happy ring the finance company and tell em to pick it up!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks 4 lettin me no mate, is there anywhere i can get this in info in black&white? cos Renault UK and the finance companies are saying they've got 3 attempts to fix the problem and are cock sure on what there sayin?!

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
danny m said:
andy - i bought it from the showroom in orpington, if u want an F1 they've got 1 in Shirley, Croydon - check the clutch first :lol:
no no matey dont want one, i just got my new one in december, just thought as your local you might want to have a meet up one day, maybe let me have a butchers at the motor and the probs your having with it,

also i rejected my last 225 i had due to so many probs with it and got my new one, took some major heart ache getting but got there.
am only in dartford if ou fancy meeting up.

let me know

andy :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks 4 reply how long talking to get your result no problem with a meet get this weekend out the way. are we talking same dealer

·
Registered
99 Posts
No way. Reject it and stick to your guns. Where does it say 3 times in the law? If the law isn't working, hit on the customer service / moral obligations thing. If, before you bought it, would you have been happy knowing that this was going to happen...would you have still bought?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Danny, our friend is right it is down to the Condition of Sale of Goods Act!!!!
The car must be of "merchantable quality" well if it didn't work from the start then it aint "merchantable quality". However as advised to be sure contact the Citizens Advice Bureau asap and they will point you in the right direction, and their advice should be free.
Good luck and hope it all works out for yer, cheers Phill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your dealer is taking the engine out to fix the Clutch!

Now that is a Crock of Shit! It takes 4 hours to replace the clutch and doesn't need the engine removed to do it.. Sheesh :shock:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts