Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ladies and Gents

Three times now I have been driving along, the need arose to "Floor" the throttle and the throttle pedal has been caught under the mats I have. now as the car is now pinned wide open I have had to put my foot on the clutch causing the engine to bang off the limiter for a few seconds whilst unpinned the throttle from the mat. :dazed002:

Granted the mats I have are some el-cheapo halfords fitted ones and no matter where I have them in the footwell they either catch on the clutch pedal or the throttle pedal..

So I'm thinking about some of these from K-Tec

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4201&appid=12

Does anyone have them? has anyone had the same experience as me? and if you have how did you fix it?

All help appreciated
Ian

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I've got gen rs ones. Bought off eBay from baldocks for about $55. Front mats are spot on, rears are abit poor but they hardly get used anyway.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, another daft question,

Do the Genuine mats fix in place some how? or do they just sit in place because of the shape of the pedal area?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
HaHa I have been reading this and feel the OP (HERC)'s pain! Although mine catches on the clutch pedal so sometimes I'm driving down the busy Birmingham Hagley Road panicking that I'm going to slam into the car infront or try to (break) stall the car or risk diving my 6ft7 body under the steering wheel to remove said floor mat!

The Renault mats have velcro on all the mats (even the back ones! - well mine have and they all have the Renault tag on) but after a while the velcro on the mats side becomes crap and the mats just slip around regardless! - I'm investing in some velcro strips and see how this fairs for a while

·
Registered
53 Posts
All four of mine are velcro and even have the cut out for the under flood storage! Mats came with the car but have to be the best i've ever had in a car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts