Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Looks cracking Stiggy, nice one on getting it featured in PFC. Are you going to be going ahead with the RS transplant ?

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope to do the transplant but business comes first at the moment:( I will be keeping the CC forever all being well but its getting the engine:D

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think it is worth mentioning that these photos were taken after a 100 mile drive to Lincoln all that I used was Meguiars Quik Detailer and Meguiars Endurance Tyre Shine:D thanks for the comments

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Think it is worth mentioning that these photos were taken after a 100 mile drive to Lincoln all that I used was Meguiars Quik Detailer and Meguiars Endurance Tyre Shine:D thanks for the comments
Looks like it'd just been machine polished and waxed !

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
fair play mate - would love to have my car featured, perhaps ill write in one day once Ive done evrything Im planning

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it's about time tbh fed up of 106s and saxos. Not sure when it will be in, they don't move quick but il post it here when I know:D

Thanks for the comments :D I suppose I havnt got an excuse for a dirty car, it's not like I will run out of cleaning stuff anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
yeah agreed - is turning in to a French Car version of Max Power a little
Magazine scene has gone really bad - nothing left for people that like modding cars and are over the age of 20, Redlines demise leaves Fast car mag which is rapidly turning into Max power. Really annoying - I know you can read about cars on Forums but I only tend to go on here so dont really hear much about other marques any more.
Still buy Evo etc but unless I win the lottery 90% of the cars they feature are just dream cars for me anyway and not really much in the way of modding in that type of magazine
When I read that PFC were going to be featuring more Euro Look cars I cringed - not that I dont like them - just that if we wanted that then we would buy Fast Car mag instead
Audience must be very young - wont stop me buying it as there is little else available anyway but is very frustrating - especially considering how good PFC has been in the past

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Have to agree mate.

When you look at the choice that jap owners and ford owners have in the way of magazines, it just shows how poor the french car scene has become.
I have no interest in buying magazines to look at some 1 litre car with a £3k body kit and some bright obnoxious coloured paint job!

I also think that factory spec'd cars have become so good, it makes modding difficult.
Just look at the r26, etc. limited slip diff, decent power output, nice interior, black or anthracite wheels, brembo brakes, etc.

So how do you stand out from the crowd to get a mag feature, without making the car look silly?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
yeah true enough, isnt like it used to be. I had a 5 Gt Turbo about 14 years ago and at the time body kits etc were a big thing so options were endless, as we all know though modding has moved more around the track scene and PFC mag used to be really dedicated to this sort of tuning (am talking 4 or 5 years ago now) but is now going backwards a little and as you said going for the lairy paint jobs

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Aww what, cant believe i missed it :(

Send some pics into pfc and get your car featured...cant have much left to do to it?

Ill maybe send some pics in when mines finished, which hopefully wont be long ;)

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Everything these days appeals to the young.... Their are the buying market,wanting to impress all their mates with kits,conversions etc etc.

I would love a car that's not been modded, not running stupid or so bhp, just a nice clean standard write up of either cars from past/present, restored back to original / original and well looked after.... Oh and the really well detailed.

And just shows the love of the cars.

In my mind That's my opinion

1 - 20 of 26 Posts