Megane Sport Forum banner

Megane r26 cam belt change

12K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  muku 
#1 ·
Hello recently got my r26 and want to change the cam belt and aux belt.

I've got the Renault timing tools due to doing the belts on my 182.

Could anyone confirm this is everything I need to do the task

Renault timing tools
Cam belt kit with end caps
Aux belt kit
Crank pulley?
New crank bolt?

Apart from those items do I need anything else?

Is it required to remove the bumper to gain access to anything as it is on the clio 182?

Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice.

Can't be any worse than the one on the clio. That was tight.

I'm fairly handy with the spanners so will be undertaking this job myself. I've done many cam belts and I'm very familiar with the f4r engine.

Just wanna confirm any parts that should be replaced. Going on the Renault workshop manual it's just the crank pulley, bolt and the nuts on the cam pulleys that should be replaced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 · (Edited)
Not a bad job at all mate a little tighter than a cliosport you'll have it done in 3 hours if your not an incabable fool like a lot of owners on here. I just did the timing chain on my lasses corsa this morning took me 2 hours in the middle of the street with them kids who don't go to school playing football against me heed. I made a cam position tool out of cardboard as well ha and used a clutch alighnment tool to hold the crank lol

#19 ·
Just got an R26 F1 on Saturday and it needs the cambelt done as it's an '07 model with 68k miles. Any recommended garage in Cambridge? I went to one next to my work and they asked 600 pounds. With an aftermarket kit (gates?). Sounds a bit harsh. So do you know anyone good and reasonable around here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.