Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I own a Megane RS Chasis Sport (like Trophy) in Orange, we run a similar forum in Spain (www.clubmeganeii.com), and I wanted to share with you my case.

My car is completely from stock, it has now 7000Km is a Megane RS Chassis Sport from December 2005.

The matter is, when I received the car I noticed much more power than the 225HP expected, so I tested my car in the dyno, in Spain and it provided 250HP ISO and 380Nm ISO of Couple with only 1555Km and RON95 instead of RON98 fuel, attached I send you the graphic, you can see the dyno installations and videos of test in Madrid here

http://www.demacmotor.com/motor_noticias/listacategoriasvideos.php

Power and Couple dyno Curve (in ISO HP and ISO Nm)

http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=curvameganers5pchasis1yz.jpg

They are a trusted dyno, lot of motor newspapers use to test their cars there. Other Megane RS tested there were between 15 and 25HP less than mine one.

The matter is that now, I notice the car with 7000Km even much powerful and with better performance on high revolutions than before with RON98 fuel instead of RON95, so lets say the car is easily between 255/260HP (I'll test again in the same place)

The thing is that my car is a stock one with no modifications/repros or whatever, and I'm worried if I can face problems having the car this way from stock. Did you noticed more factory tuned or powerful RS on the latest units coming to the market, ike my car?

Just tell me about your experiences with the Megane RS, this will be useful.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No comments about my case???

What do you think? (do I have to post it in another forum?)

Regards...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Mines an 04 model mate, can't really comment on the later cars.

Just think yourself lucky

·
Registered
693 Posts
not heard of any, but not to worry as were all trying to get to 300 :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I bought the car to an official Reanult Dealer, in fact, was a factory dealer, not a retailer...

Regards.

G

·
I suspect it must be re chipped or mapped. However if it's not all the better, we have to pay to get that sort of power. Welcome aboard Phill

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
First of all welcome to the site Acha.

Anybody out there know what level of error there is on bhp for Renault engines? For some reason I think it is nationally 5-10% (depending on manufacturer) which would give an extra 11-23 max. So I guess if you are really lucky you could have a car that produces 248bhp with no mods. Anything higher than that would imply a bit of tweaking :wink:

On the down side it could mean there is someone out there with a Megane 202 :cry:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The latest Megane RS tested in Spain by newspaper were providing 235/240HP from Stock, the first special edition F1 launched in the market was a Spanish one, delivered at the same time as mine, it was tested in Spain and provided 239HP, that's why I'm just a little worried about my power increase to 248HP or even more, is only a 4% or a 5% over these latest models...This paper explained that from September/October, there was new injection mappings made by RenaultSport for this Spanish Special Edition, and that's why it was providing more power... before that date, every Megane RS in Spain use to provide between 220/230HP and not more...

Do you have Dyno graphics and figures of your cars... that will be interesting...in Spain, when we upgrade the the injection program of a car, we use to do it customized so we launch in the dyno before repro and later, we adjust the curve for every car to make it suitable for that car...That's no my case, I guess I don't need a repro if car is between 250/260HP as I expect now...

Regards..

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Welcome mate. Have you checked the boost pressure your car is making? i think it should be 10 psi. Our re-mapped cars are running 15 psi to pruduce 267bhp.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to install one to test my pressure, but I guess it sould be standar, there's another way to test without installation???

Regards

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Your dyno operator should be able to hook one up easily under the bonnet to measure the pressure while he runs the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts