Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car in to RS Tuning for belts and helix clutch kit today and found what a total f****** mess this bunch of muppets have made of my driveshaft end, undertray and bumper !!! I will NEVER trust these idiots again with my car !

Front bumper was held on with ONE bolt ! Undertray bolts had been cross threaded ! And what a total f****** mess they've made of the end of the drive shaft ! They've obviously not been able to get the nut off and have very kindly taken a grinder to it and put an almight slot in it ! They've also rounded the nut off apparently ! All in all a total bodge job whilst it was in getting the drivers side swivel hub bearing replaced !

I was concerned that the passenger side hub would need replacing too and got my mrs to ring them to see if they'd checked it over whilst they were doing the other side, they said it was fine - which was 2 or 3 weeks ago ! Found out today that it's also seized ! Surely they can't go in such a short space of time ?

Now that I don't trust them anymore I'm going to be making the 120 mile round trip back to RS Tuning to do the other side as I don't trust any dealers around here either !

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE !!!!!! Rant over :)

Paul, please feel free to post up anything I've missed :)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Disgrace full that mate. What did they say about it??

hopefully Paul sorted it all out? expensive times to own the R26's now!!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just shrugged it off ! Took it back over Saturday morning and they sorted the hub nut out, but basically saying they never did it and implying the other garages were lying !

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
these muppets cross threaded my rear calliper bolts as well, i mean what type of garage cant change discs and pads without braking something!

on another middlesbrough garage, my mate has been poached form vauxhall by evans halshaw at connon park as a new car salesman, now his brother also (my mate) owns a vectra with a evens extended warranty so he took it to cannon park with a rumbling from the rear (suspect bearing).
a day later he got a call saying it was going to be a couple of days as both rear bearings had gone.
a few days later picked the car up and they had fitted two brand spanking new FRONT!! wheel bearings lol.
so........
car went back as it still had the noise and they changed both rear bearings, called my mate "cars ready" he went to pick it up and guess what ............... noise still there! at that point he went to see his brother and told him the trouble he was having with the workshop.
his brother went mental! got area manager involved and he came and gave them a bollocking for been sh!te and told them to get it sorted ASAP.

long story short they couldn't fix it and didnt know what the problem was so he had to take the car to EH vauxhall who found a big bleb on the rear tyre with in 5min of it been in there garage.
they replaced the tyre free of charge and the problem was solved.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate :( sounds like a massive chew on..
RST to the rescue!

Evans Halshaw in Leeds have always been good with mine tbh..
just had a quote for getting the belts done.......... £449 all in! which I thought was good...
& £229 for a full major service......

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to hear that mate :( sounds like a massive chew on..
RST to the rescue!

Evans Halshaw in Leeds have always been good with mine tbh..
just had a quote for getting the belts done.......... £449 all in! which I thought was good...
& £229 for a full major service......
Good price that mate ! Including water pump ?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I assume so..... but I will be calling just to check...
Is the water pump a reccomended replacement at this stage? whats the crack??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Glad i seen this when i did, was about to call them for a quote!

They were fine when they did my old 172, but that was about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad i seen this when i did, was about to call them for a quote!

They were fine when they did my old 172, but that was about 5 years ago.
They were great at one time, but have gone right down the pan. What are you after a quote for Jacko ? A guy I work with uses a place in Darlington who are meant to be good, I'll get the name and number and post it up tomorrow

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yea, thats my main choice to be honest. Dont mind the trip to get it done properly.

Wonder if they could do the stage 1 after that :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts