Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right thought it was about time I got some pictures up and did a little write up of what I try and get done most weekends.

The car was looking very sorry for itself just recently what with going on holiday just before Christmas for 2 weeks and then Christmas and new year and subsequently hasn't been cleaned for about a month :( (yes I am ashamed of myself), so I decided today was the day to put it right.

I started off by sorting the inside nothing flash just a good vac out and the windows and trim polished so sorry but no photos for that bit.

Once that was out of the way I started to tackle this.

As you can see its not the dirtiest car in the world but bad enough! I started by jet washing the whole car to remove heavy dirt paying special attention to the wheels, sills and arches.

Next step way to get the snow form out and give it a good soak for 30 mins or so.

After the soak it was jet washed off once again and the majority of muck was removed so I set about my normal routine consisting of the two bucket method with my favourite shampoo meguiars gold class. Heres a little photo of the products being used today.

After being washed I set about the wheels which were particularly bad. I used megs hot wheels cleaner and the megs brush also which needed repeating on this occasion they were so bad.

The car was then rinsed off and dried just using a rubber dryer thingy in preparation for claying.

Next the car was clayed using autobrite green clay with their very berry retailer too. I mainly just did the door sills, arches and boot and here was the result of that.

After claying I rinsed the car off once again and patted the car dry using a big fluffy drying towel.

The final stage for today was a coat of autobrites euphoria which is a cleaner/glaze/wax all in one effort which is great to use if time is not on your side which it wasn't at this point as it looked like it was going to **** it down :( followed by the finishing touches of the tyre shine.

So finally here are the finished pics which I must apologise for as it was now raining and I'd had enough :)

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the nice comments guys. it was a real pain in the backside trying to get it done with the rain on its way and I think it turned out ok for only 3 hours work :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts