1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some advice please?
Just got some new front pads from Halfords for my 55plate 225 Lux,
They've given me some Mintex MDB2725 £67 which i've just seen on ebay
for the 230 R26 at £35 so they've at least ripped me off,are they the R26 same pad fitment as the 225 Brembo calliper?

After noticing the Mintex M1144 mentioned plenty of times im wondering if they've given me the correct pad,thanks :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been on phone to Mintex & they are the correct pads but they are the there OEM replacements but a better quality(so they say) i could've got them from a local Automotive parts dealer for £31,
so im going back to Halfords in a bit to see what they have to say for charging me over double price(the worse thing is that Halfords ordered them in from the parts dealer i just mentioned,lol)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys, (£42 delivered is a cracking price)
ive been back to Halfords & they say the pads they gave me were equivalent to the Brembo std pads & they cant get me anything else,
also they wont do anything about the £67 they charged me for the same pads i can get for £31 from all the other local automotive parts dealers,
so im getting a refund & will source some M1144's.
I only went to Halfords because id just had car MOT'd & was told the pads were getting ready(which i knew) but because im treating my Meggy
to a few goodies shortly (1 of which will be new discs) i didnt want to waste money on top quality pads just yet,and as i was 300yds away from Halfords i went there
for convienience,never again,not even for a smelly tree air freshner

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'll just clarify incase anyone else reads this & doesnt know like i didnt & has the same trouble as me,
i got given MDB2725 M1230 which is supposed to be just a standard (so called)equivalent to the oem Brembos,
where as i need the MDB2725 M1144
(MDB2725 being the pad shape & the M1230/M1144 being the compound)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.