Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all got a misfire, its only under hard acceleration, its not fuel as i had this before and only use bp , texaco or shell fuel now, wonder if it could be a plug, its under warrenty, but ive had it chipped and dont want to take it into renault as they will almost certainly notice its been chipped and probably flash the ecu,
any ideas ?:yes[1]:

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
250 injection system as good as the 225/230 then?
Any more detailed info? Error code perhaps?
Who mapped it? i.e. they'd have the equipment and capability to diagnose it :)

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I had a very similar issue with mine, but mine did seem to be fuel related. I used v-power from the day I bought it then for some reason stuck tesco momentum in. Then when I accelerated hard through the gears I would get this sort of misfire at around 5500 rpm. The engine was nice and warm and the oil was above 70 degrees so it wasnt the cold engine limiter, but the effect was similar to hitting that. I decided to go back to v-power and have never had the problem since.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no im pretty sure its not fuel, i had it chipped by super chips, but in boreham and the guy doesnt put it on the rollers, had it rolling roaded by hayes eng dartford
so might take it to him as he really knows his stuff

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found it !! as i said the missfire is when its under load , went out for an early morning jaunt and turned off the traction control, and it was absolutely awesome
the problem has been the traction control backing off the power under load as im going over slight wet or damp patches, which feels like a missfire,
im sure those of you who have had your megs chipped, that the traction control doesnt like it , it cant really handle the extra power, my 0 - 60 times
have never been as good since chipping it as the tc just cuts in to soon and with out it on it just lites up the tyre as you would expect with 300hp going throught the front wheels
should have tried this sooner but the weather has been pants recently :sweatdrop::):)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Jst pop to ur local garage or a mate with a clip, if its a coil or a plug you wil soon knw, mine missd due to fuel and the clip didnt show a fault, the clip wil tel you what cylinder etc, any garage could do that im sure, my local dose it for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts