Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
We've just bought a 60 plate White RS250 CUP c/w visibilty pack, RS Monitor and 19'' upgraded alloys with 1.4k miles at a very nice price from Evans Halshaw Doncaster (nightmare from start to finish, never ever use E.Halshaw). Unfortunately the n/s h.light was misty but we took it anyway. Tried to get it sorted thru warranty to be told that its not a warranty repair as the misting is natural??? and doesn't affect the beam pattern. To cut a long story short if you have the same problem, we complained to Reno UK who, under duress, have agreed to replace foc. Beware if you have this problem, Reno will do a splash test on the headlight and if it passes a beam test then you'll not get it replaced without kicking off.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
I know its not the point being a new car but its probably just because its been sat around for a while and the cold weather. Doesn't help that with xenons as they don't really warm up the casings like halogen bulbs and dry the moisture out, get it on mine a bit in the winter when its been cold for several weeks.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi bmh.01
I know hat you mean but when you've spent 19k on a car thats about looks as well as speed then you want it to be looking A1. From the front it looked a bugga, one clear as crystal Xenon, the other as misty as a bathroom window. My argument to Reno was if you paid out for dble glazing and one pain was clear but the other had condensation in it and although it didn't affect the purpose of them you'd not be happy, she reluctantly agreed, hence the foc replacement. It was replaced a fortnight ago at Lincoln Reno, took the fitter 2hrs and not the book time of 55mins. He said it was a nightmare. When it was brought round to us it had a couple of specs of fluff on the inner glass! Even the garage said it wasn't good enough, still awaiting a replacement. Doesn't mist up though!!

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Just had the same problem on my new RS250 just the drivers side.

Every time I wash it or drive it in the rain. Dealer said they had changed a few. It has to pass a 20 minute test.
If it does not mist up in the beam area after 20 minutes it is okay!!

It is also a nightmare to change. I can see the bonding is lacking at the top edge so dried it out and left inner cap off with hot engine and drove on a dry day then taped it over. All okay now. BUT it will have to get done.
The other dealer said he would order me in one and give us a call [before Christmas!]
Cheers Andy

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Hi bmh.01
I know hat you mean but when you've spent 19k on a car thats about looks as well as speed then you want it to be looking A1. From the front it looked a bugga, one clear as crystal Xenon, the other as misty as a bathroom window. My argument to Reno was if you paid out for dble glazing and one pain was clear but the other had condensation in it and although it didn't affect the purpose of them you'd not be happy, she reluctantly agreed, hence the foc replacement. It was replaced a fortnight ago at Lincoln Reno, took the fitter 2hrs and not the book time of 55mins. He said it was a nightmare. When it was brought round to us it had a couple of specs of fluff on the inner glass! Even the garage said it wasn't good enough, still awaiting a replacement. Doesn't mist up though!!
Oh yeah I hear you there hence the not the point bit in my post. Just saying if it comes back at some point its not totally uncommon.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Both of mine are misty after being left for a few days, but it seems to go after 10 mins of the lights being on. I will try the SILA packs tho to see if it stops.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good idea with the silca gel. Reno use a hairdryer type of gizmo to get rid of the condensation as its quicker than leaving the lights on. Strange how some units are affected and others aren't.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My rear light plays up somtimes. Every car I've had has misted up at some point though.

If it goes again I'll chuck some silica gel in there. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
758 Posts
the silica gel does work as long as you dry it out first , i had this on my z4 there headlight and fog lights are well known for fogging up

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
My rear light plays up somtimes. Every car I've had has misted up at some point though.

If it goes again I'll chuck some silica gel in there. Thanks for the tip!
I had the same issue with the near side rear, dealer removed it and vented it (drilled a small hole lol) in the rear of the unit, been spot on ever since.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts