Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of my new 225, after washing it for the first time. (Hand wash, did not use jet wash) the rear light cluster has got moisture in it. Do you think I should take it in to renault or remove the cluster and check for a damaged seal. Photo included.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
not fitted properly, they are prone to it, chuck it back to the dealer and they will fix it

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life...

I found my first fault with my car. And it is the same as this one! I noticed it fogging a bit, but when I put my silver bulbs in earlier, I saw that there was a large amount of water in there too.

So, how is this fixed? There doesn't seem to be much of a seal around the fitting, so not sure if this needs to be looked at, or the actual fitting itself.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Common problem if you ask any dealer, they will replace the whole light, or sorry they should!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
mine does this too, gonna take it to my local stealer this week.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Mine hasn't done it yet...

BUT* i don't use water to wash it! :lol: :oops:

G

·
Mine went in on Wednesday for the misting rear lights issue...Its going back in tomorrow to be assessed :? Which is a load of bollocks as any idiot can see they are misting up.

I'll keep you informed

G

·
DEEJAY 225 RS said:
all they do is put some putty sealer round the light, nissan have been doing this for years
Nissan might....But when you shelled £17K for a car that's less 5 months old I expect some new light clusters :wink:

G

·
Shippo said:
Where you taking it matt ??
Ive got same trouble ,still waiting to get her in .
I'll probabally try archie moss 1st (just round corner to work)
then Leicster if Idont get any joy
Took it to Archie Moss mate.

Took it on Wednesday (as they said they would have a look). To be told they need it for 1/2 a day to have a look at the clusters. So its going in again tomorrow.

Like I said I'm aiming for new clusters not just a bodge it re-seal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts