Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right took me car to get MOT at 9 o'clock this morning told them I need my car back to pick my son up, rang up at half 1111 to get told it failed on side light bulb and driveshaft clips ??? Rung up at 14.30 to get told their just starting it and it will be done for about 4pm!!! Still need to pick my son up!!! How long does the driveshaft clips take?? And how much?? Been told their just jubilee clips??

Can anyone please help me out to how much it should cost??

The MOT is £33.99
I have bulbs but said he's going to put his own in!!

How much should it be roughly and how long is the job?

Cheers to all that can help

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long to do the clip tho mate?? I've just got a feeling it's going to be £100 it's normally my luck.

Thanks for getting back to me mark

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wish my cv boot replacement cost that much. Just had to spend £250 having it replaced. The driveshaft was siezed solid inside the hub and ended up having to have it stripped off the car in one big piece and sent away to an engineering firm somewhere to get them seperated. Labour costs of £230 fml.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did that happen??
I hate garages mate, I had an issue with a garage And my l200 ended having a 3.5k bill. I brought it for 7.5k and sold it for 5k then brought megane, so had a major loss. So theirs only a few honest garages out their.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a garage I've never used before which I've heard mixed reviews about. So yes one car in is a little odd but the garage is only big enough for two at the most. And when I've got a 9month old boy waiting to be picked I wouldn't mind them getting the job done rather than doing an mot not calling me to tell me it's failed and having a hour dinner!!

And yes I meant bought :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
How did that happen??
I hate garages mate, I had an issue with a garage And my l200 ended having a 3.5k bill. I brought it for 7.5k and sold it for 5k then brought megane, so had a major loss. So theirs only a few honest garages out their.
You can bring it to my Garrage for work and mot's,
We'll look after you!

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
I love some people you must think that's the only car in there workshop
'like'

I hate when people want work doing but arnt prepaired to leave there car with you, they book it in, cant they make other arrangements for just that 1day?

# this isnt directly aimed at you jacob, more some people iv delt with recently, they came to me for some private work as didnt want to pay garage rates, i gave them a good quote for the job and i said i would do it in my own time outside of work, comes to the saturday and he leaves it with me, i told him how long the job would take and all he did was pest me and not let me get on with job

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.